Pilgrimage 2012 "more info in the pilgrimage section of the forum"

Trey Cannon

• Klipsch Employees

For many of you this is a yearly event. For some of the new folks here this will be a first. We invite all our forum friend to come visit us at one of our location for a very close and personal look at Klipsch. We share our new ideas, products and time with the staff. We listen to product, enjoy movies and music and most of all each others company.

Over the last 12 years of doing this I have made some amazing friends from this community. I hope to make more. We have a new face in Marketing this year. She goes by "MP" I think she is going to help set things up...She works for Jamo but likes the pilgrimage concept so much she wants to help.

We have to be quick in picking out what we want to do.

Lets hear a roll call! Sound off: DATE? LOCATION? MUSIC FESTIVAL? I am just now starting ....I am way late. Most the time I start calling in January. This year I have had folks in Hope asking is were plan on doing it again this year... Let's hear what you think and want to do.

• Like 1

Indy. After all it was in Hope the last two years. Hope, however, is more of a true Pilgrimage. Indy I should be able to make. Hope probably not.

Wasn't the Hope Klipsch Music Festival billed as 2nd Annual last year? Or was that just me being ornery? I think you should keep that going if possible but not necessarily in conjunction with the Pilgrimage. That said could have factory tours available. :) Very good PR. Shows a company that really cares about and respects its roots. And that Klipsch is about live music. Music reproduced by Klipsch after all is the next best thing to live. [H][H][H][8][H][H]H]

MUSIC FESTIVE? Yes! Hope and Indy. Maybe separate from the Pilgrimage? Friday afternoon, evening, Saturday is about right for Pilgrimage.

So how about an annual Indy Klipsch Music Festival as well?

Jamo's a good brand and they are under the Klipsch umbrella. Just not as good as Klipsch to most of us.

I've made a few friends at the Pilgrimages I've attended and even from the Forum and just haven't both made it to same Pilgrimage.

June works for me in Indy.

Demo the new stuff as before. Especially new stuff we've not heard about or has been released to he press. It was so cool to demo the Klipsch Custom and IMAGE IEMs before they were even announced to the audio press in 2007. And now many know Klkpsch as a headphone company. Besides probably a leading seller of 'phones it's genius from a marketing standpoint. All those kids with Klipsch 'phones might think Klipsch for speakers. Many had probably never heard of Klipsch prior to the 'phones.

I can't wait to try a real pair of M40s. Thump did show me a pre-production but the battery was dead so no idea of the noise cancelling But work fine with dead battery. I've been told (rhymes with hose) and other active 'phones don't work at all without juice. So much better besides the sound quality being far superior.

Tee shirts and/or other trinkets in the 2 ( [:'(] yep only 2 as I was in Rip Van Audio mode for close to 2 decades...) Pilgrimages I've made.

Of course we love drawings for really cool nice stuff. And y'all did give out some awesome door prizes at the 2 Pilgrimages I've attended.

Klkpschorns with Belle or LaScala in 3 speaker stereo configuration should alway be demoed. As well as Palladium. A full blown Jubilee demo would be amazing, especially if could compare with Klipschonrs but the Jub being kind of an underground product for home use...

Klispch car audio? Audiovox does own a couple of high end car audio companies in EU..... and the skew horns will make fittin' horns into cars much simpler. You can put some in our Grand Caravan or Dakota if you want for field testing. [:D] The Dakota's a rust bucket beater so I wouldn't mind a few extra holes in the interior.

I always like to try out the latest in 'phones.

Show us the new pro gear.

How about the new Klipsch home and pro fully horn loaded subwoofers Roy's been working on? (I've no idea what Roy's been working on...)

Of course we want demos of the new announced products such as The Console and Stadium. There's a lot going on in that Stadium enclosure. And of course Air Play demos. And demos that Air Play equipment can work with standard stuff.

Can't wait to see what knd of surprises will be in store.

A/B demo was a lot of fun. I get the IN YOUR FACE compated to DISTANT sound after Pilgrimage 2008. Alea did too. 2 exceptional pairs of speakers. Vastly different sound in many ways. Both very good. The Klipsch being the speakers that sounded more like live music.

Klipsch is all about Hope for me. A bit cooler part of summer, like early June, is a better choice for Hope and the music is integral to drawing folks. However, if you can only do one I can see it would be fair for it to be Indy this time.

Having the farm on Friday night for listening is great, but I hope more equipment and more Forum folks show up this time. The museum at the train station was locked up last year. It would be nice to have it open.

Dave

I'm up for either place, though Indy is simpler for me to get to. I always like seeing both older products and new, like the Gallery and other TV-related systems that I've never heard.

Like BL, I like seeing and hearing premiere sound setups, like the Heritage we saw a few years ago at Indy (I think time-delay was inserted for the Belle or LaScala in the middle; individual drivers weren't time-adjusted as I recall). Many thought it was the best sound in show. A Palladium setup or two would be very important IMO. Energy and Jamo samplers would be good, too.

I like organized tech discussions, too.

Let me know if you want another "classical class."

Like BL, I like seeing and hearing premiere sound setups, like the Heritage we saw a few years ago at Indy (I think time-delay was inserted for the Belle or LaScala in the middle; individual drivers weren't time-adjusted as I recall). Many thought it was the best sound in show. A Palladium setup or two would be very important IMO. Energy and Jamo samplers would be good, too.

I'm not sure about "best" but the Klispchorns with Belle center was as good as anything. Would be fun to compare with Palladiums.

Let me know if you want another "classical class."

I would like another classical class by Larry. Fun to better understand what's going on. First time I'd ever seen rotary valve trumpets.

I think Kimbal (Loud&Clear) would be willing to do a Neil Young appreciation sesssion.

The Lord of the Party has spoken. And so it shall be decreed by our humble servent the King of the Land of Klipsch (pointless puppet figure head but it sounds good and mayes me think I'm important...) June 29-30 in Indy it is.

See. That was easy.

Larry's classical class sounds realy great. If Hope, I'd be happy to provide an organ orgy to complement...

Dave

Oh come on Dave... while I ahve to agree Hope is more of a true Pilgrimage..., you need to do Indy once to meet the Indy Klipshcantics. Lets see 20 hours +- drive from Dallas area and you'r on the cost. So 30 hour drive +-. 2 hours in the air so maybe 1 hour with connection and 2 hours more to Indy by air. Assuming direct from DFW to Indy.

But maybe the 3rd Annual Hope Klipsch music festival will include a mini Pilgrimage.

disclaimer... I added the annual though I think a poster last year said 2nd annual Hope Music Festival.....

Oh come on Dave... while I ahve to agree Hope is more of a true Pilgrimage..., you need to do Indy once to meet the Indy Klipshcantics.

I'd love to and I really like Indy. I was at Fort Ben for AIT back in the Vietnam days.

However, vacation is all spoken for and I can't see the $$$ for airfare and accomodations popping up, and I have my vacation all spoken for the rest of the year. Otherwise, I'd drive up as the company pays my car and gas...

Anyway, I think the decision is a fair one as many up in the frozen latitudes have the same problems as I with getting to Hope. Hope is easy for me as my brother still maintains our ancestral home in Texarkana so I have a place to stay and the drive is easy and free. I'd head up the music thing if there were a few Hornheads commited to being there and bringing stuff to listen, or if the Kuiver'n Klipsch Klan provided a listening room.

Dave

Oh come on Dave... while I ahve to agree Hope is more of a true Pilgrimage..., you need to do Indy once to meet the Indy Klipshcantics.

I'd love to and I really like Indy. I was at Fort Ben for AIT back in the Vietnam days.

However, vacation is all spoken for and I can't see the $$$ for airfare and accomodations popping up, and I have my vacation all spoken for the rest of the year. Otherwise, I'd drive up as the company pays my car and gas...

Anyway, I think the decision is a fair one as many up in the frozen latitudes have the same problems as I with getting to Hope. Hope is easy for me as my brother still maintains our ancestral home in Texarkana so I have a place to stay and the drive is easy and free. I'd head up the music thing if there were a few Hornheads commited to being there and bringing stuff to listen, or if the Kuiver'n Klipsch Klan provided a listening room.

Dave

I can understand. Our daughter went to Amarillo 2 summers ago to visit her best friend Alyssa who moved to Amarillo. Her father is a maintenance supervisor for Tyson and got transferred from Indiana and had been to the Tyson factory from Hope. So We figured stop in Hope, our daughter Alea who attended Pilgrimage 2008 with me wants to come to Hope, leave Dad, Mom and daughter drive to Amarillo, Mom picks me up on way home and then Alea has one way flight home. This was before Alea could drive. Forgot that Hope is "only" 11 or so hour drive from Indiana and that Amarillo is another 8 or more. So a bit far for my wife to drvie by herself. I do remember driving by highway that sayd Hope 50 and suggesting to SWMBO that we take a side trip some time. Not gonna happen with our oldest daughter as an infant / toddler. Wasn't smart enough to plan for that before she was born.

Now that Alea can drive leaving Dad in Hope probably would work. Still not sure if my wife would want to drive from Amarillo to Hope... or maybe they could stay in Amarillo and I could catch train in Hope to Indy. Not in budget this summer after oldest daughter getting married last summer.

If you can get to Indy I'm sure somebody would be willing to share a room or find a place for you to crash. Not sure we can do much about vacation days. I'm burning up 3 this week and 5 next week. Should be able to make Pilgrimage this year but will be looking for cheap digs for Friday night or sneak my sleeping bag into the anechoic chamber. Alea may come but will probably be refereeing soccer. She passed on refereeing and playing to come to the Pilgrimage. Surprised me. SWMBO 3, on our side. 2 married so who cares. SWMBO 1 still to convert to the cause though she's put up with my ugly home built speakers for 20+ years and now a pair of Tannoy SRM 12B on top of Heresies. Want to swap but I think the rubber feet on my Heresies don't align real well with slightly shallower Tannoys. Album crates as speaker stands before that. So anything short of BUTT ugly, and maybe industrial she might tolerate. Smurfscalas for example she'd probably fetch teh12 ga.

p.s. You could still send along some Organ Orgy music? Maybe make a vido and explain it to us Like Larry's Classical "class" Video is what you do is it not? maybe live via the internet. Then everybody in Indy could meet virtual Dave.