Store in Arkansas w/new Heritage on the floor

tblake10

Solutions Entertainment in Hot Springs, AR. It is in a big shopping center. Finally got around to driving a couple of hours just so I could hear and see all the new stuff (except khorns). Guy name Chris Cooper had new Heresies 3's, La Scala 2's, Cornwall 3's on display and hooked up to a system. Those were all together so you could compare and then he had a HT room with RF-7 2's and original Maple RF-7's (new). He had the original RF-7's marked $1800 for the pair. I've always like the maple.

I've had original cherry RF-7's, and the RF-7 2's sounded just like I remembered the originals sounding. Very good but not as good as Heritage to me. (Probably why I ended up with khorns in my main system). Anyway, I was most interested in the Heresy 3's. They sounded great. Held there own with the big boys and they have their own sound that I just love. I have a pair of Heresy I's in one of my systems. All of them sounded wonderful though and were beautiful.

Chris was pretty knowledgable about Klipsch. Had a big framed picture of Mr. PWK hanging over and behind the heritage speakers. We grew up in the same era so it was fun talking the talk. It was just great to see Klipsch Heritage speakers in a store for sale and for demo. That is not so common these days. Listened with a Yamaha receiver so I knew the limitations of it. Still was impressed. He also sells a lot of HT stuff including TV's etc. That is probably his bread and butter. It was a very nice store.

As soon as I can work out the finances, I hope to buy a pair olf heresy 3's from him. If you want to see and hear and you are close enough, check this place out.

If you ever do, please post your impressions of the difference you notice. That would be interesting.

between the II's and III's? for me it is that the III's are slightly more focused, whether this is due to age or anything is anyones guess.