SVS PB12/2 ULTRA

Nuke

Looking at an SVS PB12/2 Ultra for sale and wondering if anyone has some insight on pricing. This is the dual 12in with the 1000W Bash amp, a monster in all rights, although a little large in stature. The offered price is $1400. New was $2100, I believe. These are few and far between, so I may be looking at a bargain. Any insight?

Looking at an SVS PB12/2 Ultra for sale and wondering if anyone has some insight on pricing. This is the dual 12in with the 1000W Bash amp, a monster in all rights, although a little large in stature. The offered price is $1400. New was $2100, I believe. These are few and far between, so I may be looking at a bargain. Any insight?

It is an awesome sub. I wish I still had mine. By far the best sub I have owned thus far. That being said I think $1400 is quite a bit high. I bought and sold mine for $700. The wood and piano finish usually go for a little more. A few months ago a guy sold 2 of them at $500 each on Audiogon. I would have bought both but I was too slow. It is probably worth the $$$ but I have never seen a used one go for that much. That is one of the subs I am patiently waiting to see pop up on my local craigslist. I think the most I would offer depending on finish and condition would be 1K.

Gsxr, are you talking about the +2 or +2Ultra? I can't imagine the Ultra's going that low.

The ones for $500 must have just been the +2. The one I got for $700 had the 1000 watt amp though. Did the +2s come with the 1000w amp or just the ultras? I didn't even realize there was a difference in them until now. Guess I should research a little more next time. Sorry Nuke.

This one is satin black.

That's the finish I had. I liked it. Very durable. There's one for sale along with a whole system pretty close to me but the guy won't sell it separately unfortunately. Like you said they rarely show up so I'd make an offer on it if I were you

Heres one that sold for $1100 on the forums in piano black

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/148511/1532872.aspx

Thanks for the thread link! Makes me sure that this sub is everything I thought it would be. It also tells me that there is more room in the price. That one sold for $1100, and piano black seems to draw a little more money.

Yeah hopefully the person is a little flexible on the price

1400 seems very high, have seem then listed between 700-1000 usually, for 1400 I'd grab a rythmik if your open to other brands as from everything I've read they will compete neck and neck with the newer pb13ultra

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV15HP.html

even pb13 ultras tend to list around or less than 1400 used usually so thats another thing to keep in mind as well, for instance these are gone but give you an idea

http://audiogon.herokuapp.com/listings/452876

http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?subwactv&1329061958

Thanks to all for the suggestions and info. I'm not opposed to another brand, and that Rythmik FV15HP looks pretty incredible for the same price (and new). I'll have to start digging for info on it. I may still give an offer for the pb12/2 ultra, but sounds like it should be no more than 1000.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and info. I'm not opposed to another brand, and that Rythmik FV15HP looks pretty incredible for the same price (and new). I'll have to start digging for info on it. I may still give an offer for the pb12/2 ultra, but sounds like it should be no more than 1000.

I puchased 2 of these in Walnut for $1,100 each and never looked back. Its a great sub and in black I think that would be a fair offer.

I use a SVS Ultra 12/2 sub. They are amazing! They are still the best ultra sub svs has made IMO. I purchased one before they went to the ultra 13. Ron(at svs) told me that the new 13 ultra would beat a single ultra 12, but wont be able to beat the 12/2 until it is released in a dual version also. That never happened. I am glad ron talked me into the svsultra 12/2. I soon later bought a second because I was so blown away compared to other subs I owned(at one time used 3 subs at once-the ML descent, servo 15, and hgs-18). I actually sold the 2nd ultra 12/2 after a few months because it was just too much bass in the room(prob should have went with two single cabinets really to smooth bass response in rooms suckout areas/etc). You can't imagine what the 12/2 ultra is capable of. It's almost too powerful, because it can be tough to smooth it out from being boomy/etc in a smaller room because its just so powerful.

If you can score this for under $1200, I'd grab it because I know what it's capable of. For under $1000 IMO it's a steal(as long as its in good working order). Nothing else will come close forthe price. My only negative about this sub is it looks like a coffin in the room. The new ultra 13's look a lot better

I use a SVS Ultra 12/2 sub. They are amazing! They are still the best ultra sub svs has made IMO. I purchased one before they went to the ultra 13. Ron(at svs) told me that the new 13 ultra would beat a single ultra 12, but wont be able to beat the 12/2 until it is released in a dual version also. That never happened. I am glad ron talked me into the svsultra 12/2. I soon later bought a second because I was so blown away compared to other subs I owned(at one time used 3 subs at once-the ML descent, servo 15, and hgs-18). I actually sold the 2nd ultra 12/2 after a few months because it was just too much bass in the room(prob should have went with two single cabinets really to smooth bass response in rooms suckout areas/etc). You can't imagine what the 12/2 ultra is capable of. It's almost too powerful, because it can be tough to smooth it out from being boomy/etc in a smaller room because its just so powerful.

If you can score this for under $1200, I'd grab it because I know what it's capable of. For under $1000 IMO it's a steal(as long as its in good working order). Nothing else will come close forthe price. My only negative about this sub is it looks like a coffin in the room. The new ultra 13's look a lot better

I agree. I think because they rarely come up I would pay up to $1200 but offer $1000. They are very big but I didn't mind the looks. Even my wife got used to it and ended up liking it...eventually. Go for it!

Alright, have an okay price for the PB12/2 Ultra (about $1200 shipped), but am now weighing this against the newest PB13 Ultra with the 1000W Sledge amp for $1999 shipped. Great reviews, front ported for mounting versatility, and slightly smaller size. Sounds like this may end up the winner...any thoughts on this option? Thanks again in advance.

I puchased 2 of these in Walnut for $1,100 each and never looked back. Its a great sub and in black I think that would be a fair offer.

You have 2 of these... wth, do you live in some sort of concrete bunker?