Hsu Research vs Svs

Zeke1122

Mr Z I compared more subs at home then you will ever see.And own a solid dozen subs.Who are you to question me? LOL

You try very hard to make belive HSU is better,why do you pretend to ask questions?

"what do u think of HSU?"

Why do you pretend,in your mind HSU is better than ANY sub in the world. LOL

Like Tom said compare the new SC-Plus to the VTF-3,not old designs of much lesser price.

I'll take SVS against HSU any day.

Have a nice day

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one *comparison* that included a current SVS design compared a $449 passive SVS(using the guy's extra amp channel) to the brand new $849 powered VTF-3.

Btw *zeke*, you'll find this board can sniff out BS in about 10 seconds and doesn't take well to hidden agendas. If you really want to compare a *like* SVS product to the VTF-3 on a component level I can give you a little info...

1)both use 12" drivers. The SVS has approx 2" of total linear travel. The Hsu 1202 driver has about 1.5" total.

2)The SVS uses a modern BASH digital hybrid amplifier conservatively rated at 320w. All I know about the Hsu amp is it is rated at 250w.

3)Both enclosures appear to be very well built.

4)If we use a 20-39PCi for comparison...when both enclosures are tuned to approx 19-20hz...the SVS will have about 80% more port flow capability(4" vs. 3")

5)$649 for the SVS, $849 for the VTF-3. So the VTF-3 is about 1/3 more expensive.

6)footprint. The SVS takes up about 1/3 less floor space.

Does this mean the SVS has to be preferred? Hell no. No one product is always going to be preferred in every room,in every system by everybody. But I do think SVS can compete with any like priced alternate brand of subwoofer. Good luck subwoofer shopping.

TV

Zeke1122:

quote:

ken i already told you if you do not have anything good to say please go somewhere else. i want to talk about SUBWOOFERS. PLEASE. thank you

I will respectfully tell you that I am not here to play "feel good forum." I relayed MY experience, somthing this forum is awsome for. Both good and bad opinions exsist.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

theEAR, i am sure that those people above who compared HSU VTF-3 vs. SVS would now choose HSU over SVS any day, and they have actually listened to the VTF-3.

mik, maybe if i started a post about how SVS was so much better than some other brand, i will be a hero? yeah? yeah? cwm16.gif

TVodhanel, you are the owner of SVS, and you have never listened to HSU VTF-3, but no you do not have an agenda. Nah cwm2.gif

i do not see where i am spreading BS, but i see you say wrong things like old style SVS used when one of the people used new style SVS. how easily we forget And all your theorizing did not seem to mean much when these former SVS owners switched to HSU and were so happy, one guy switching from two SVS and 700 watt amp and comparing it to one 250 watt VTF-3.

Anyway, because of your nasty and condescending manner of posting, you can be sure that i will never speak highly of you or your company.

I have blacklisted SVS...

This message has been edited by Zeke1122 on 05-29-2002 at 05:50 PM

Uhhhhhh, I haven't even SEEN or HEARD a SVS! Why would I care if you don't like SVS. I don't care if you are talking about my buddy TheEAR or me.

I went as far as DEFENDING Dr. Hsu in my posts!

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

>>>i do not see where i am spreading BS, but i see you say wrong things like old style SVS used when one of the people used new style SVS.<<<

Yes, one had the new SVS,which I already stated...maybe you skipped over my text too fast?. The *new* SVS cost about half as much as the vtf-3. All I ask if you must put svs on trial...then compare us on an even playing field. For example,we have the $549 25-31PCi...if you want to put us on trial....compare this unit to other commercial subwoofers in the same price range.

>>>how easily we forget And all your theorizing did not seem to mean much when these former SVS owners switched to HSU and were so happy, one guy switching from two SVS and 700 watt amp and comparing it to one 250 watt VTF-3.<<<

Hey, with several thousand subwoofers in the field < 2years of business...we are sure to have guys switching to other brands now and then. SVS has never claimed we will sound the best to everyone,in every room,with every system ,at every price bracket...

But this is the position you keep insisting I defend?

We have had plenty of guys switching from HSU to SVS...but I don't constantly throw that in anyone's face when a sincere Hsu/SVS thread pops up.

>>>Anyway, because of your nasty and condescending manner of posting, you can be sure that i will never speak highly of you or your company.

I have blacklisted SVS...<<<

There was nothing *nasty* about my text at all. You and your agenda were sniffed out here long before I happened on this thread and now instead of talking *bass* like you keep insisting you wanted to do all along...you cry foul because the folks here see right thru you...

I'm sure it is a big lose for the Klipsch forum. Are you here because you have Klipsch speakers? If so which,and how do you like them?

TV

Half the cost? I can see you were not a math or logic major in college ey? ey?

obviously people here are not so stupid to believe that. i already heard that HSU can be cheaper than list. and you obviously have to add a price of an amp to your SVS. and how can you forget the guy who says one VTF-3 compares to two SVS with 700 watt amp? Price advantage there for SVS, huh? huh?

You know BOSE probably has millions of subwoofers in the field. They should feel special for making such a great product.

As for people switching from HSU to SVS, oh yes I can understand if people switch from cheapest VTF-2 to a more expensive SVS. But i am talking about VTF-3 here, aint nobody be switching from HSU to similar priced SVS who has these.

I already know that Dr. Hsu knows so much more about speaker design than you.

You are acting like some prosecutor asking me about Klipsch speakers. what does that have to do with anything in a powered subwoofer forum. i am looking for new speakers though.

Frankly, you behave very much like a child for someone who owns a company. If I was here to talk about how great your SVS was compared to another product, you would be my best friend.

Like i said before you are the owner of SVS, and you have never heard a VTF-3, but you don't have an agenda. Nah. cwm2.gif

This message has been edited by Zeke1122 on 05-29-2002 at 06:50 PM

>>>Half the cost? I can see you were not a math or logic major in college ey? ey?<<<

the cost of the 20-39cs compared was $449. The cost of the vtf-3 is $849. That is about 90% more expensive. And I didn't say "half the cost"...I said "about half the cost". If you have difficulty comprehending my text...Boa,Ears,and many others here will help you...

It is clear now you are only here to troll which is the lowest of the low on internet based forums. It doesn't surprise me that you were smelled out long before I showed up...the Klipsch guys don't put up with BS like that. You whine about talking bass...and I offer a basic breakdown of the two units you keep referring to on a component level thinking you would like to further talk about that? But you reply to this with unmoderated newsgroup style personal jabs...all from the safety of a computer modem of course...

You keep talking about MY *agenda*? I'm not the one hiding behind a fake name and hurling grade school style digs at an OEM. Everyone here knows who I am. That is more than someone hiding behind a screen name can claim...

I don't always agree with everyone here...but they know me and they know I don't BS and I don't put up with any BS. This is obviously a lesson you have yet to learn about Ears,Boa,Mike,Ed,and the others...

TV

Troll1122,

Dear Troll,your pathetic attacks against SVS and Tom are pointless and childish.You show up here,"ask a question" and then try to pass your opinion as fact.

To top the cake you dont even read posts and obviously lick the backdoor of we know who.Dont you know licking the rear so much can make your tongue numb!You sould like a genuine 100% troll deluxe.Nothing more and nothing less

You have nothing to back your fanatic claims,where are the numbers?Show us real measured numbers and real reviews with depth of merit.Web ME TOO reviewers mean bull to me,when a dog barks it feels the same.

Who are you to say Tom from SVS knows less about subwoofer design then Dr Hsu.Who are you? A TOTAL NOBODY,in real life you suffer from a huge inferiority complex.Seek pro help from a reknown doctor.You will then feel very stu pid about your posts and reason of being here.

Thank you very much and have a very nice and productive day

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Zeke1122:

If you put another post up on any topic, I would answer it honestly and the best I could. However, this post went south in a hurry. Do not defend somthing that cannot be defended, like my O P I N I O N. If I want to say bad stuff about Dr. Hus, I can. If I want to prise him, I can.

I will not hold a grudge, and you are certainly welcome here, but you cannot blindly defend somthing like MY opinion about another person.

Hope to see you around!

Ken.

------------------

Face it, Zeke1122, you are either being absurdly naive or patently deceptive in your posts here.

Both of the reviews you posted as examples call attention to the fact that there is a price and time disparity in the SVS and HSU models tested... with the SVS being the older and less expensive unit. The second review places the two dissimilar units as being very close... with a slight edge to HSU.

Why you would take up space in a Klipsch Forum to beat up on SVS and Tom Vodhanel is probably beyond the interest of most Forum members... and unless you can find something of value to say... maybe you should encourage your buddy, Dr. Hsu, to volunteer time giving honest answers to bass questions with the same candor as Tom Vodhanel has. And Tom is a legitimate member of this forum and a veteran KLF-30's owner.

Outside of posting a couple of amateur links of marginal historical value, what have you contributed of present day value to this Forum? Back biting, slyly misquoting, shameless alternative product pushing newbies are like pseudo-evangelists coming to a new town... they blow in, blow off, and blow out... and, fortunately, everything stays the same.

Maybe we should take the same tact with you as Dr. Hsu took with Kenratboy, if you aren't interested in buying Klipsch, we have better things to do and serious newbies to help. A lot of us have had great success with SVS and once in awhile a Hsu person surfaces... but this is a place where you can compare a Hsu to a Klipsch subwoofer... or report on how well a Hsu integrates with Klipsch speakers... but it is not a place to compare one non-Klipsch speakers to another non-Klipsch speaker without including other Klipsch speakers in your review.

You have done Dr. Hsu a disservice by not being as straight talking as he usually is. I respect Dr. Hsu for what he has done... but I'll just keep my dual SVS Ultra 7' sub tower fed by 1000 pro watts... and try to remember the better image I had of Dr. Hsu before you muddied the waters.

Zeke1122, you're the weakest link. Bye! -HornED

PS: You are welcome to return when you find a place to park that BS attitude.

Pic5.jpg

TVodhanel, if ma and pa allow it, you should try to visit the local community college and talk to their math department for information about a logistics program. you can even take your blue car, you will surely be the envy of the town if you go in that car (they might hear you from a mile away if you crank your system loud enough)

anyway, let me say again, and please read very slowly and carefully this time (ask a friend if you do not understand, or if your computer screen is shaking from low frequency energy):

i already heard that HSU can be cheaper than list.

and you obviously have to add a price of an amp to your SVS.

and how can you forget the guy who says one VTF-3 compares to two SVS with 700 watt amp

Price advantage there for SVS, huh? huh?

Like i said before you are the owner of SVS, and you have never heard a VTF-3, but you don't have an agenda. Nah. cwm2.gif

theEAR, there are many designers who know much more about speaker design than TVodhanel. That is no secret. Even TVodhanel himself would not argue about that.

Let me say again:

i am sure that those people above who compared HSU VTF-3 vs. SVS would now choose HSU over SVS any day, and they have actually listened to the VTF-3.

Ken, you do seem sincere so I thank you for that. Unfortunately, it seems that I am only allowed to worship SVS at this forum, and only then I can become a hero.

HornEd, i will be looking for new speakers soon. i guess since i do not own Klipsch right now i am not allowed to be a part of your exclusive club.

This message has been edited by Zeke1122 on 05-30-2002 at 12:49 PM

Seventeen posts... all on this thread ... all looking for Hsu praise... and not one question pertaining to Klipsch speakers. How sincere are we supposed to take your mouthing? Sounds like you still have an attitude that has to go, bro... -HornEd

PS: It's not my Forum but I am proud to be a member... and proud of most members... even many of those with whom I do not agree. Sorry, but your attitude doesn't make it to square one unless I miss my guess.

Zeke1122: Good, I never try to harm anyone on this forum. I don't worship or own SVS, as I have a large JBL Pro sub (see my signature.) I do not give BS on this forum as it is one of the few forums where the internet BS has not infiltrated in to it.

HornED: Agreed-

------------------