Hsu Research vs Svs

Zeke1122

TVodhanel, i read on the site that 500 watts available at HSU in fall season

who here is misrepresenting your product i dont see. but i see you talking about your future products and comparing to competitor that is a no no sir

This message has been edited by Zeke1122 on 06-01-2002 at 12:37 PM

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom owns over 10 Klipsch speakers and more SVS subs than anyone else.Now THAT"Swhat I'm talking about.I think it's great that we can discuss everyones preferences for equipment here.Our likes and dislikes of different products.On the other hand I also think a person should of at least owned or used ,for a reasonable amount of time, a product before bashing it armed with only facts and figures provided by so many know-it-alls many of which are biased toward certain products.Yes I'm biased but I also own 9 Klipsch speakers and 2 SVS subs.Four RF-7's,two RF-5's,two RS-7's and a RC-7 with 2 SVS Ultras to be specific. I can provide the serial numbers,date of maufacture and the name of the person who tested and inspected these speakers right here on this forum and I am sure Tom can too. I wonder if the people who have been bad mouthing these products can do the same ? Don't give me the "I have a right to my opinion" nonsese. I'm speaking of shedding a bad light on quality products by people who have never actually used them in their systems.I have my opinions of products I have never owned but I think slinging mud at someones audio equipment without hands on experience is a load of bunk.

"I'm speaking of shedding a bad light on quality products by people who have never actually used them in their systems.I have my opinions of products I have never owned but I think slinging mud at someones audio equipment without hands on experience is a load of bunk."

Troll1122 should read this several times and think about his posts.

Troll1122 you obviously have a problem with SVS and its designers.You dont own any Klipsch and I doubt you will buy any,what are you doing here?You like HSU so much why dont you find another forum to post in.

I challenge you to take the highest output HSU and compare it to the SVS Ultra.You will then realise SVS is the best value in a high output sub.No matter if you like it or not. Smile.gif

FYI I own the Klipsch RF-7's two pairs,RF-5's,RB-5's,RC-7,SB3,SB2,SC-1,KSW12,KSW15,RSW10.Oh and the Quintet system too Smile.gif

...and soon the RSW15!

So I have all the right in the world to post here.

And I had two SVS Ultras at home to compare to my Klipsch and other(Aerial SW12,Revel B15,Velo HGS18,Sunfire Sig,Sunfire Mark II and Junior plus the Carver Knight Shadow)

And I also have the Contour 3.3,1.1 two pairs and the Contour Center.Plus the Totem TABU and ROKK.Plus the Paradigm Atom(my first step towards quality audio)and the Micro.

What do you own Troll 1122?

I live and breathe audio,you sound like you want to stir problems.Soon when I order the VTF-2 and 3 I will measure all the subs again and post numbers,not just blah blah.Anyone can have an opinion,but opinions should not be taken as facts.Most opinions are fabricated(not based on facts,just made up from others opinions).

Next time you bark post real numbers(dont try to invent them you may end up looking bad)to back your talk.Not just "the review said this",that bum said that.Who cares,we want to see numbers that mean someting not opinions.

Thank you in advance for your understanding

Oh BTW I doubt you converted many Klipsch forum members to HSU.You did a negative work,Dr HSU may take the whip and lash you. LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 06-01-2002 at 05:39 PM

Zeke said: >>> There is like so many posts about SVS, and I can read anything there is to know about SVS, but not so many posts about HSU. <<<f>s>

Gee, I wonder why that is?

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

I hope to test drive one of those SVS's someday!

I have received some fantastic/quick email responses from SVS....These "little" things mean a lot to me.

Off the subject...

Hey Ken, I just got back from Reno this morning after seeing the Eagles at Lawlor.

One of the GREATEST bands I have ever seen/heard!

Did you make it there??

theEAR, there is no secret because a single 1220 and 250 watts was measured by professional reviewer at 110 db at 20Hz. you can order two 1220's and 500 watts amp and that might give you almost 120 db at 20Hz and remember for looooooww bass 1220 maybe better than VTF-3. why bother with VTF-2 it will not be enough for you because you like a lot of bass i can see. so because you seem to like a lot of low bass it would be better to order two 1220's and 500 watts, and then maybe also two VTF-3's in output mode to compare.

DEANG, i was talking about the Hometheater forum where there is so much to read about svs not surprising because svs has so much exposure there

This message has been edited by Zeke1122 on 06-02-2002 at 02:38 AM

Mike, I didn't even KNOW the Eagles were in Reno! Was it a "tribute" group or was there origional meat on stage?

Was it good?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Don Henley, Joe walsh, Glenn Frey, & Timothy B. Schmit.

Don Felder wasn't there......

Some dude named Steuart Smith filled that spot. I think He played with Shaun Colvin? Excellent guitarist anyway. Reno was the first stop of their 2002 North American tour. The concert started about 8:10 and ended at 11:45. 30 songs were played which included several solo songs by Joe Walsh, Don Henley, & Glenn frey.

The BEST concert I have ever been to. I hope they do this again. Doubt it though, we are all getting so old..........Can't stay up that late ya know. Ha!

This message has been edited by Mikekid on 06-02-2002 at 07:16 AM

Zeke,

I'll let the moderators do their job and inform me when a post I make isn't within forum rules. I still find it laughable you'd join this forum with the sole intention of trolling...and then continue to tell the moderators their job in the same thread you have angered just about every long time forum member who has bothered to respond to you.

If you guys are wondering who *zeke* might be...check this thread and see if you notice any similarities...besides both forums being completely fed up with bob-zeke of course. Unfortunately *both* bob-zeke have a habit of trolling/posting very inflammatory remarks...and then editing the post as soon as the riot starts.

http://harmonicdiscord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5576&sid=5d25a9fac00036310bafc7eabfed7f94

TV

This kind of stuff really sucks. I mean why do poeple have to do this sort of thing, does it make them happy or what cwm25.gif

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Shiva/AVA250 DIY sub

Klipsch RC-3 II Center

Klipsch RB-3 Surounds

Nuance Fronts

Hitachi DV-P415U dvd player

TVodhanel, you seem so disturbed. are you having nightmares and delusions i don't know. i did a search for you on the Hometheater forum and you seem to love to argue. editing comments i do not know why people do it but i do it to try to correct errors. if i talk with bad grammar and i worship your SVS, can i still be a hero? I never have even heard of VMPS subs what in blazes are you babbling about. please take your blue car and go asap, give ma and pa some privacy

Bob1122,

Ha ha

Tom unmasked you big time!

You talk alot about mom & dad!What is wrong? Did they spank you.I warn you Bob1122 I mean Zeke1122,I will tell your mom about your spam and butt munching.

Now behave

I dont think Dr.Hsu likes your sour publicity,I doubt he spits on the competition to elevate himself.Its official you are biased to the extreme and any serious buyer will not take you seriously.

Smile.gif

Forrest Hump posts are refined compared to yours!And this has to say alot.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 06-02-2002 at 03:42 PM

Tom,

You are such a class act, and surely have better things to do then spend all of your time defending the premier SVS products against a handful of detractors.

You learn so much by just actually getting one of your units in the listening room.

I now understand that statements like:

"Well, there are musical subs and there are HT subs."

"Well, there are fast subs and there are slow subs."

"Well, there are tight subs and there are loose subs."

...are completely ridiculous, and the differences can simply be put down to the following:

The sonic characteristics of the room

The relationship of the room to the unit

The unit's placement

Settings employed after calibration

Type and quality of the crossover employed

I've been wanting to write a review of my 20-39 CS+, but I've been so busy listening and enjoying it, that I just haven't made the time.

It's the same reason I haven't written a review of the RF7.

I did write a review of my Sony DVP-S9000ES, primarily because I was to a large degree expected to be let down by it's Redbook playback -- and it took me so completely by surprise, I felt compelled to write it.

The 20-39 CS+ (as well as my RF7's) simply perform as advertised in every way. What is there to say except, "Yep, does what they say -- really fantastic."

So what do I think?

I think it performs flawlessly. While watching movies it literally shakes every 2by4 and joist in my brick home. While doing the low end of my music, it just bounces along with no sense of effort. It's musical in every way. It has great pace, and I never sense the characteristic disembodiment one often hears with subs in general. It never sounds like it is its own entity in the playback system. It integrates perfectly.

What has suprised me more than anything is the speed and tightness. I know you don't like the word 'speed'. But how else can I describe a sub that never sounds like it's trying to 'catch-up' with my RF7's.

I marvel at it's simplicity. One moving part. I believe this is the secret to its coherency.

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

This message has been edited by deang on 06-02-2002 at 03:53 PM

boa12, the blue car is where the magic happens cwm27.gif

theEAR, we should be all respecting our ma and pa.

maybe you will not believe, but i am just playing around with TVodhanel when i talk about the blue car. i do not like his tone of talk sometimes but i am still playing. if i wait until christmas i think (hope) i can get some holiday specials on some subs and speakers and then i can bring the house down cwm11.gif

Oh, I almost forgot.

Zeke -- HSU makes good stuff. You should buy it.

What is the point in bashing Tom? Buy what you want, we could really care less. You're the one that has to live with your decision, not us.

As far as your other questions go -- use the search utility. I don't think anyone here is really interesting in addressing anymore of your questions at this point. Tom is family.

OTOH -- we haven't had anyone to kick around for some time, so you could stick around. It's tough finding a villiage idiot here at the Klipsch Forum.

------------------

Deanf>s>

f>s>

DEANG, i have a bad temper (and i am sure you can see easily) and i did not like some of TVodhanel's tone of words, so i tried to be clever just to let off some steam maybe. maybe we all need some strong drink, what is the preferred drink of Klipsch owners cwm26.gif