Yield Open-Baffle project.

Guest David H

Guest David H

I had a chance to hear these as well. I dont know all the technical jargan, I cant even remember what their called

I named them "Yield"

Dave

Guest David H

I actually gave Dave those drivers as a gift for helping be with one of my restorations. Glad to see them get put to good use.

I am thrilled with them , was just waiting for the right project, and enough time.

Dave

Guest David H

Excellent work! They look great.

What have you found works the best as far as placement in a room and are there any severe listening position restrictions?

Thanks, the speakers need to be 36" from the wall, or 24+" from a sound pannel. Treated first reflections points are always a plus.

Listening restrictions are minimal, however on axis yields the best results. These are fairly straight forward to setup.

Dave

Dave,

Do Legacy speakers, or at least the biggest one, operate on the same principles?

I could never figure out how what looked like back-to-back pairing of drivers could produce 30-Hz bass in what seemed like a perfect setup for total bass-wave cancellation.

Thanks,

Guest David H

Dave,

Do Legacy speakers, or at least the biggest one, operate on the same principles?

I could never figure out how what looked like back-to-back pairing of drivers could produce 30-Hz bass in what seemed like a perfect setup for total bass-wave cancellation.

Thanks,

I have no idea how Legacy gets away with their design. I will make it a point to give the Legacys a listen at the show.

The L.B.A.T. or Loaded Baffle Acoustic Transducer works under entirely different principles than conventional open baffles.

Conventional open baffles require very large baffles to delay the rear wave. Legacy uses narrow baffles and multiple drivers-Very confusing.

Dave Harris

Edited by GotHover

Guest David H

I had an oportunity to take these to T.H.E. Show Newport Beach, But I cant get out of work that weekend.[:(] I will still be attending sunday.

I will try to plan ahead for next year.

Dave

Guest David H

I had an oportunity to take these to T.H.E. Show Newport Beach, But I cant get out of work that weekend.Sad I will still be attending sunday.

I will try to plan ahead for next year.

Dave

Let me know I'll watch the booth for you.

Craig 73

Craig the idea is to attract business, not scare it away.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest David H

Yesterday I built passive crosssovers as an option for the Yeild, and have to say sounds damn near as good as the active network. The active network obviously has the advantage of room correction and time alignment but the passive has a few advantages of its own, like analog domain, and a single amplifier to drive them.

post-24405-13819735284912_thumb.jpg

post-24405-13819765975002_thumb.jpg

post-24405-1381979292498_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

Here are the crossovers, I had ALK calculate the values, based on the crossover points, and slopes, I thought sounded best.

post-24405-13819735285672_thumb.jpg

post-24405-13819765975662_thumb.jpg

post-24405-1381979292584_thumb.jpg