Promedia 2.1 = Awesome

DrWho

I had picked up a pair several years ago, but somehow they ended up with the ex-girlfriend....so just recently got me another set for my computer setup and man I had forgotten how good these sound. Mad props to the guys at Klipsch [Y]

• Moderators

For the size it's surprising, for a small room you should hear the Quintets. They are not much bigger at all and sound amazing for a tiny speaker, they remind me of the Promedia's.

I actually considered going the quintet route and then thought about going with bigger bookshelves and then thought about going DIY, but then I realized I couldn't find something better for the price - and the control pod is way more convenient than a receiver.

• Moderators

I don't blame you, there are more fun things to play with anyway.

Sounds like you were arguing with the engineer in you, you ended up with the easiest, cheapest and best sounding solution for the least amount of trouble. [:D]

For the size it's surprising, for a small room you should hear the Quintets. They are not much bigger at all and sound amazing for a tiny speaker, they remind me of the Promedia's.

Talking of "quintets", yesterday I decided to downsize the speakers on our covered deck and I hung a pair of Quintets from the rafters, I was not expecting very much of this set-up, but was in fact very surprised by them. Also supplemented them with an 8" Mission sub. They are not the same as the La Scala's that used to reside out there, but they do an admirable job, and free up a lot of real estate.