Again RF62 or RF82(sorry)

slonX2

Hi, guys i,m new.Just got my 2 RF62 , RC62 , 2 RS52 , 2RS42 and SW110.I still can exchange the RF62 for RF82 should i do that? Will use them only for HT . My Living/TV/HT room is small (20x 9x 8) but open to the dining and the kitchen.I,m seating 13-14 feet from the front speakers and they sound great!The problem is that i,m one of those guy,s that are almost never satisfied.Got the 62,s now and i want the 82,s because i read some great reviews and the price difference is just 200$ I hope that will keep my speakers for a long time so i,m truing to get the right one,s Will use them only for TV and HT( my wife and my neighbours don,t like the way i watch my movies- don,t care about the neighbours)If i get the 82,s can they be better then the 62,s at lower or normal volume? I call Klipsch and ask them if the 82,s will be ok for my small room but the guy told me that they will not work well whit my Onkyo(709) 110W.So what to do should i keep 62s or to jump on 82s.Thanks!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wAs in the same boat as you i had the rf-62's as fronts they sounded great but like you imnever satisfied so i got the rf82's i can tell you that they are better its not a night and day difference but it is notisable in the lower bass regions and they sound overall better its more noticable when running them in 2 channel stereo.

SlonX2,

Welcome to the forum.

Hi, guys i,m new.Just got my 2 RF62 , RC62 , 2 RS52 , 2RS42 and SW110

Nice setup.

I still can exchange the RF62 for RF82 should i do that?

That is a loaded question.[:P] The 82's will offer a bit more presence and bass and will fill your room better. On the other hand, you might find that the SW110 will be the weakest link in your setup. You may want to consider exchanging the sub instead of the fronts.

The problem is that i,m one of those guy,s that are almost never satisfied.

That is one slippery slope my friend.[;)] You are singing to the choir on this forum. This community is full of your kind and we do offer a 6-step program that meets on Tuesdays.[:D]

Seriously, if you can afford it, I do believe you will be more satisfied with the 82's over the 62's, but think about the sub also.

I went from Quintet III's to RVX-42's, to RB-35's, to RF-63's. See I "had" the problem but now am "cured". I truly have no desire to "upgrade" from the 63's.

Bill

slonx

honestly it does make a difference when you step up from the from the from the 62s to the 82s i may be wrong but its a cleaner and wider sound on the 82s than the 62s to be honest anything can power these speakers i can use a car radio and the would sound good lol just kidding but but you can hook up these bad boys to any reciever and the sound amazing i remember when i got my speakers and i hooked them up to my onkyo at the time for the first time they sounded great but i would say if you want the more powerful speaker go with the 82s but if your happy with the 62s just stick with them but for 200 extra I would the 82s but they all are great speaker

I was in the same boat about 4 years ago. I choose the rf62s due to budget and not really hearing the difference in the 82 compared to their asking price.

If you are going home theater with subs, IMHO, you wouldn't notice the difference. Most people go to the store to listen and the speakrs are not setup properly etc... If I run bass heavy music through these and compare, yes the 82s might shine more.

I'd trade up for the 82s in a heartbeat

If your really into movies my other suggestion would be take the sub back or upgrade as well, go for the sw115 if you have to do an in house trade or do a return and take a look around a few other internet subs as its only rated at 28hz and will drop like a rock before it hits 20hz, this will make a bigger difference than trading 62s for 82s imo...

Thanks guys, will go for 82,s . I got another (problem) whit the pacing of the fronts and the surrounds.For the fronts i try to keep 6 feet distance and to palace them away from the walls but we have a small side table (that my wife will not let me move) that is blocking the lower woofer on the left speaker when I'm sitting on the couch and for the surrounds they are not at the same level is that a problem at all? Thanks!!!

post-56632-13819734939886_thumb.jpg

post-56632-13819765642978_thumb.jpg

post-56632-13819792535106_thumb.jpg

I got another (problem) whit the pacing of the fronts and the surrounds.For the fronts i try to keep 6 feet distance and to palace them away from the walls but we have a small side table (that my wife will not let me move) that is blocking the lower woofer on the left speaker when I'm sitting on the couch and for the surrounds they are not at the same level is that a problem at all? Thanks!!!

Is it possible to swap the sofa and the loveseat or will the sofa encroach into the kitchen dining space too much? If that will work, you have solved the end table blockage problem.

Bill