Question about the Lone Star State (better said Waco)

germerikan

@ Boxx, will do the Resteraunt is Quaker Steak and Lube

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

Quaker Steak & Lube® | Best Wings USA | Over 21 Signature Wing Sauces
Founded in 1974, Quaker Steak & Lube® is a family friendly restaurant with a motorsports-themed atmosphere. Commonly referred to as "The Lube®," the restaurant features a unique blend of great service, award-winning food, supercharged events and eye-popping décor. Today, with over 45 locations, The Lube® serves over 80 million wings annually, sells its bottled sauces around the world, has won the title of "Best Wings USA," and has over hundreds of local, national and international awards for its wings and over 21 signature wing sauces.

They have really good wings (at least the ones I ate in Pa.), All steaks are well aged and my Bro does cook up a mean one!!Only the ribs are roasted and then grilled ( I prefer mine smoked ) but hey cant please everyone.

Is your brother coming from the 'original' Quaker Steak and Lube there in Sharon, PA? That would put him in Western PA (I've lived in North Western PA for 12 years). The cost of living in that part of PA is dirt cheap from the last time I looked. I don't know how cheap Waco will be, though, so the suggestions of checking out Zillow and such do apply (where was that when I originally moved to Virginia!).

I am quite familier with The Lube! There is one just down the street from my office right here in my neighborhood. I go in there from time to time for lunch or even dinner after work. They do have good wings there (and yes, there is a race car mounted to the ceiling as well). There is also a Shane's Rib Shack just across the parking lot from my place at work as well (some good ribs there!).

Yep he is coming from the one in Sharon. You may have even seen my Bro if you were there. He would have been the 6' 4" 220 redhead that is dressed like a cook. [:D]

He will be moving this week and it should get settled in before the opening in September. I hope you TEXAS guys can get over there and give an honest feedback as to their food. He really wants to do this right and loves his job.

And correct, the race car is already hanging on the ceiling.

278766_269749596458901_1340383714_o.jpgphoto.php?fbid=269749596458901&set=a.269

• 1 month later...

Our daughter started grad school at Baylor in August. We went up with a load of her belongings. Beautiful drive on wonderful Texas secondary roads...but I must say that Waco is, well, shabby. I was taken aback at what a dump the place is. Baylor is noce, though. As there is a paucity of worthwhile eating places, the restaurant ought to do well.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...