Lascala II audition w/pics

Did you try toeing them in a little more....

It would only take a sec to try the toe-in.

+3 !! Yes

40-45 degrees....even in small quarters like you have them. Doing so will give you a much larger sound stage and really clean up the midrange output from the right channel.

Nice pics BTY!! Man, check out that crossover network and all those coils. Indifferent It's like the Formula-1 version of an AL from the outside. Stick out tongue

Cheers,

QH

They are now toed in about 40 degrees. I have two things to say. First, thank you for the advise gentlemen and the second thing is that these will not be returning to their previous position.

Dayum, this is now the best sound I have ever heard from any speaker and I am glad it's coming from my speakers and not somebody else's.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try toeing them in a little more....

It would only take a sec to try the toe-in.

+3 !! Yes

40-45 degrees....even in small quarters like you have them. Doing so will give you a much larger sound stage and really clean up the midrange output from the right channel.

Nice pics BTY!! Man, check out that crossover network and all those coils. Indifferent It's like the Formula-1 version of an AL from the outside. Stick out tongue

Cheers,

QH

They are now toed in about 40 degrees. I have two things to say. First, thank you for the advise gentlemen and the second thing is that these will not be returning to their previous position.

Dayum, this is now the best sound I have ever heard from any speaker and I am glad it's coming from my speakers and not somebody else's.

Great to hear! [:P]

Lascala II pictures

Very nice! Thanks! How do they sound at home?

I am just as happy with their sound as I was with the CWIII's. The only thing I miss is the size of the Cornwalls. I am sure once I get them into a larger listening space they will shine even brighter. The room they are in now is pitifully small.

Hey, I really like your television STAND. I have one just like it. LOL.

I'm sure a HUGE part of the improvement with the LS II is in the network, where they MUST kill the 7 db peak at 140 Hz. or so in that bass horn.

We were told that the increased thickness of the side walls, to 1", also made a big difference. Something to do with side wall resonance.

I'm sure it's a measurable difference. I have braces in my FH-1s, which makes it a better cab than the old La Scalas and at least as good as the LS II, but UGLY.

That being said, I still don't think it makes 7 db's worth of difference like the Xover network does. The sensitivity is less, but the efficiency is the same, with a much smoother response.

I think the biggest improvements Klipsch has made in the Khorn and LaScala is in the networks.

For the CW and H, it's the networks and the drivers (titanium Diaphragms).

I think the biggest improvements Klipsch has made in the Khorn and LaScala is in the networks.

I certainly agree with that, having changed to the AK-4's in my Khorns. The Indy folks emphasized how much better the new La's sounded with the thicker side walls.

Will you be changing your forum name to finallygotmylascalas?

I think he should. But he didn't say FinallygotmyCornwalls, so who knows...........

The Heresy is THE speaker I wanted for the longest time. The very first time I saw Klipsch was in 1996 when I was at my first duty station, Minot AFB. I bought a pair of Infinity SM-115's Instead because they were on sale. In 1997 I went to Kadena AFB. My first few months there I didn't have a car and my dorm was right next to our Base Exchange. So to pass time I would wander through it almost on a daily basis. This is when and where I really fell in love with the Heresy as I really loved the Heritage look and sound. Walnut oil with brown grills was the pair I liked most. Pretty much the Heresy version of Mike Manilla's CW II's that are for sale right now. After I started my Klipsch journey in 2009I quickly learned of the Cornwall. I bought my first pair on dec24th 2009 for $300. I only tried them out because of the great deal I got. Of course I was sold on their sound so when I had a chance to get a mint set of CWIII'S I did and that was in march of 2010. Fast forward to now and I had the chance to replace a pair of HII's with the Lascala II's and I jumped at it. So in a nutshell I have never coveted the Cornwall or Lascala the way I did the Heresy.

Well

So in a nutshell I have never coveted the Cornwall or Lascala the way I did the Heresy.

Looks to me like you should wait to change your name to "Finally got my Jubilees" (or maybe Khorns). Thanks for sharing your story.