What's next????

ch11587

OK... So I went to the local Klipsh store to see what they had and was wanting to get prices on RB81 but I'm considering RB61 and after looking at them. I'm not to high on the idea of drilling the speaker to put a mount on them. UGH... Anyone know of a good way of bracing the speakers with out damaging the box without building a shelf because where I'm wanting to put them is not in a good location for shelf. Picture of where I want to put them is in the corner by the front door and an entry way into the dining room.

So what I was thinking is possibly getting RS62 or RS52 and just put them in back.

Any suggestions???

post-56849-13819736012618_thumb.jpg

post-56849-13819766690138_thumb.jpg

post-56849-13819793648904_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I used the same as Ivan for my RB-35's. They worked great but realize you can only angle them downwards about 10 degrees and if you do, they suggest you put 3 tiny screws into the bottom of the speaker to help secure it to the mount.

Ok so when all said and done and after I get an amp. I've been looking at the B&K on ebay. 200X5

Now I'm just wondering how to wire my speakers up. I was thinking running my mains and center and bi amping the main. Run my Sides and once i get my upper fronts thru my reciever unless I win both amps then i could just use that.

Any suggestions?

Ok so I've been also looking at a few amps on ebay and found some 200X5. Now in a perfect world and I have my set up perfect 7.2. How to wire my speakers??? I was thinking Center and bi amp my mains. Then use my Reciever to cover Rears and bi amp the RB61 or RB81?? or am I completely lost????

I'm still deciding on size which size I want to go w/ on these speaker. I think either would sound amazing and really the big question comes down to money. Are the 81's worth the extra for upper front speakers? I can see it would if I didn't have floors???

If he doesn't I'd be standing off to the side wondering if shipping to Toronto would be possible?....muahhhhhhhh

I should have it all figured out in a couple of days if the 200FIVE is for sale. Decisions, decisions, decisions.[*-)]

You would have to give me all the do's and don'ts when shipping to Canada. I would ship Fed Ex.

Bill

• Moderators

I was thinking Center and bi amp my mains. Then use my Reciever to cover Rears and bi amp the RB61 or RB81?? or am I completely lost????

Not lost, just making it more difficult than it should. In my setup, I heard no sonic benefit from biamping my RF-83's. Just extra wires and extra connections. Keep it simple and rock it out.

I was the winner of the amp B&K 7250. Hopefully all is well with my buy. I will let everyone know how it looks and works when it arrives.

Now for a few sub questions??? Currently I have the SW-310 I've really been thinking about selling it and going with 2 Epik Empire. Does anyone have any knowledge of SVS subs? Alot of other forums ppl seem to like them more? I've also considered SW-115 and just keeping SW-310. My SW-310 is less than a yr old so I know I won't get out of what I want? If I were to sell my SW-310 I would put a budget of 2k for subs.

What do you think I could get for it? Maybe I'll be posting it the garage sale stuff soon? Suggestions first :)

Ok so I was checking out the local craiglist is an Acurus A250 for 375 a steal? I just bought a B&K off of ebay for 700. I currently don't have a 7.2 but with in the next few months plan on completing it.

If so will the B&K sound good with the Acurus? If so would i hook up my mains to the Acurus and let the BK dow the rest?

Thanks

Ok so I was checking out the local craiglist is an Acurus A250 for 375 a steal?

Not a steal but an avg $$$ but lot of amp for $375.00. It will make your RF-82's thump in the low to midbass regions. The A250 is more neutral sounding than the B&K(warmish) but to me more detailed in the highs. As you know, I used B&K's for years with my Reference speakers and was very pleased with the results. I do think my B&K's sounded better with my Heritage stuff. The Acurus amps have virtually transformed my system with a "brighter" sound(not bright, just brighter than B&K) that I prefer for HT. The bottom end is punchier than before with a midbass thump that the 63's never had before.

Heck, try the A250 out and maybe you will like it and need matching amps so you will sell your 7250 and buy my Acurus A200FIVE.[;)] Then you will have the same amp setup(A250/A200FIVE) as I have.[:D]

That B&K Reference 7250 is a beast of an amp and really is all you need but it never hurts to try other gear out. I miss both my B&K amps but am very pleased with my system with the Acurus amps.

Bill