BMS 4592ND for Heritage speaker?

Arash

• 2 years later...

Why on earth would anyone use a stock Klipsch compression driver when there are so many better drivers out there?

I use the BMS 4592nd mid driver, which I understand is relatively expensive, but the sound is light-years advance.  Oh yeah, but this is with a Volti Audio 260 Horn.  While I admire PWK's bass horns, his frugality shows in the mids and highs.  Just sayin'.

Why on earth would anyone use a stock Klipsch compression driver when there are so many better drivers out there?

I use the BMS 4592nd mid driver, which I understand is relatively expensive, but the sound is light-years advance. Oh yeah, but this is with a Volti Audio 260 Horn. While I admire PWK's bass horns, his frugality shows in the mids and highs. Just sayin'.

I am perfectly happy with my stock Heresies, and Cornwalls. I guess my hearing isn't that great to mind it. I like the idea that Paul was able to build a less costly speaker, that sounds great. Yes I do like to play with aftermarket stuff.

I use the BMS 4592nd mid driver, which I understand is relatively expensive, but the sound is light-years advance.  Oh yeah, but this is with a Volti Audio 260 Horn.  While I admire PWK's bass horns, his frugality shows in the mids and highs.  Just sayin'.

I have the 4592 nd mids that were custom orders from BMS with shorting rings added. I have them on Volti's mids as well and while they are a good bit more revealing in details and less distortion, the K55 with adapters on the 260 horn sounds very, very good IMO.  I think the K55 is a huge bargain and a little larger horn made a huge difference for it to my ears. However, the BMS driver really pulls away from the K55 at higher output levels. Since Im not a high output listener, I would think twice before dropping the dough on them again. The K55 is legendary for sound and price, IMO.