BMS 4592ND for Heritage speaker?

Arash

The 4592ND is a TWO inch driver. All of Klipsch's horns in the speakers that you mention are ONE inch. You will have to change the horns out to to something that will accept the TWO inch drivers.

Oh ... for sure... I forgot to mention that I'll use a proper 2inch horn (maybe JBL 2380) or build a 2inch tractrix horn... that's ok... I want to know if I can use this compression driver is a Klipschorn or Cornwall... how about XOvers? should it be changed?

The 4592ND is a TWO inch driver. All of Klipsch's horns in the speakers that you mention are ONE inch. You will have to change the horns out to to something that will accept the TWO inch drivers.

I just thought I'd point out that in the Klipsch Klipschorn Specs page, it clearly states that the Khorn midrange driver is a 2" driver. Should be no problem to put a 2" BMS 4592 on the Khorn mid horn.

http://www.klipsch.com/klipschorn-floorstanding-speaker

MID FREQUENCY HORN: Exponential Horn MIDRANGE: K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

Greg

[6]

I just thought I'd point out that in the Klipsch Klipschorn Specs page, it clearly states that the Khorn midrange driver is a 2" driver. Should be no problem to put a 2" BMS 4592 on the Khorn mid horn.

MID FREQUENCY HORN: Exponential Horn MIDRANGE: K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

Greg

Devil

I hope you are joking.

It says the K-55x has a 2" Phenolic diaphragm.

Craig 73

let me pose another question: What XOver do you suggest for a klipschorn? (ALK?)

another one: will a Selenium D405 and 220i tweets work in a Khorn?

a suggestion: I use JBL M115-8A in my CW and work as good as CW1526C (I hate to say "better than")

let me pose another question: What XOver do you suggest for a klipschorn? (ALK?)

ALK universal will work nicely.

another one: will a Selenium D405 and 220i tweets work in a Khorn?

It works, but you're better off with the k-55's.

Going from the 4592ND to the D405 is like jumping out of a Ferrari into a Kia.

a suggestion: I use JBL M115-8A in my CW and work as good as CW1526C (I hate to say "better than")

Its no surprise that a JBL is a quality driver, whether it is a proper match, thats another story.

The JBL is an 8 ohmm driver.

Craig 73

Going from the 4592ND to the D405 is like jumping out of a Ferrari into a Kia.

I know 4592ND is a very sensitive and hi-quality CD ... all in all which one do you soggest:

1- two way klipschorn with BMS 4592ND coax + ALK Universal

2- three way klipschorn with Selenium D405 + ALK Universal

3- three way klipschorn with Atlas PD-5VH (K-55) + K-77 (or Bob's CT125s) + ALK Universal

another question: BMS 4592ND is above 115db/1w/1m efficient, keeping this in mind, with it work in a klipschorn without any attenuator? will the sound be balanced between Woofer and top section?

I have a modified khorn that is a 3-way with the BMS 4592ND mid driver mated to Greg's V-Trac horn and ALK Universal, and it sounds amazing!

what tweeter are you using in this KHorn?

As for attenuation I have the mids toned down 11db I think. ALK Universals make it pretty easy to attenuate.

how come ALK Universal is so easy to attenuate midrange? what for?

question: concidering that BMS 4592ND MID and BMS 4592ND Coax both are at the very close price, which one would be the best buy? will a coad drivers sound good in a good horn?

BMS 4592ND is above 115db/1w/1m efficient, keeping this in mind, with it work in a klipschorn without any attenuator? will the sound be balanced between Woofer and top section?

You need to attenuate the mid, no question.

Combo #1 will work fine with the correct horn, it will get extremely beemy with a rectangular Tractrix, the Eliptrac would be a better choice for this.

Combo #2 would not work well, the D405 will not effectively make it to 6k, you would need to cross around 4-4.5k

Combo #3 is a tried and true combination, no arguement there.

I am using a B&C DE-85tn in a 2-way combo with daves Eliptrac, couldn't be happier, really doesn't need a tweeter.

Dave also built me a 2-way 1st order adjustable crossover that sounds great IMO, simple an effective.

Craig 73

I am using a B&C DE-85tn in a 2-way combo with daves Eliptrac, couldn't be happier, really doesn't need a tweeter.

Uh thanks, acctualy there is a B&C distrubuter in Iran so I may be able to grabe them. which models can be use in a klipschorn? is there a win-situation for B&C agains BMS?

Uh thanks, acctualy there is a B&C distrubuter in Iran so I may be able to grabe them. which models can be use in a klipschorn? is there a win-situation for B&C agains BMS?

The B&C drivers are very nice. I'm using the de82tn. I've also heard some BMS. They are both really good. Doubt you could go wrong with either. If I recall the bms coax needed a little eq to tame them.

Good luck.

When did Klipsch switch to a two inch k55?

Look at the specifications tab and that tab indicates the midrange uses a 2 inch phenolic diaphragm. I do not see any place where the site states a 2 inch throat, which a couple of posters in the thead seem to have concluded without reading all pages. [;)]

MIDRANGE: K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

The K55 has always had a 2" phenolic diaphragm, but the driver exit is less than 1".

An EV DH2A has a 2" diaphragm and a 2" exit, is that a 2" driver?

A JBL 2451 has a 4" diaphragm and a 1.5" exit, how do you classify this?

A JBL D2430K has two 3" diaphragms and a 1.5" exit, how do you classify this?

• 2 weeks later...