buying thru amazon - lets play pass the buck - snowjoe snow joe example

Guest " "

ok, so you google the internet for a product and a zillion amazon hits appear. You pick one and place the order. the order screen identifies the supplier as snowjoe or snow joe. you get the item and wind up with a box of rocks. you call snowjoe and provide your order number. they say" you did not buy that from us, we have no record of this sale". so WTF, is amazon a buffer that protects suppliers from responsibility? needless to say, won't be buying anything thru amazon anymore.

Contact Amazon directly. They don't take lightly their "associates" screwing people over.

I had a similar situation with a "third party seller" and Amazon stepped in and made it right. It took a little while but ultimately I did get a refund.

If you used a credit card for the purchase you can also contact the card issuer and launch charge reversal with them. All of my Amazon purchases (and that's a LOT) go on my Amex card. On the rare occasions that there's a problem with the purchase Amex always sides with the buyer.

Good luck.

I buy quite a lot of things thru Amazon and have sold a few as well, while I have never had any problems myself I am sure Amazon will do what they can to make things right for you. Yes it may take a little while and be a bit of pain in the @ss to go through but these things can happen anywhere, don't blame Amazon as they are a great place to shop.

I also buy quite a bit, from and through, Amazon. However, I do my searches directly off the Amazon website. I do know that "bogus" sites will pop up, during regular google (or other) searches, that masquerade as trusted sites and in reality are cheats.

I hope that you are able to work this out....

So I get an email that says all issues must be taken up with the distributor, they are suppliers. So amazon is a distributor. My order transaction identifies shipped from "snowjoe". I guess this is a generation gap thing. I understand things like Ebay and audigon, but stuff like Amazon, overstocked.com, etc not quite clear.