Upgrade receiver for 3D HDMI switching??

soulman

Hello Forum members:

I have the classic RF7, RC7, RS7 and a Marantz SR8002 reciever paired up with a Panasonic VT50 55" plasma 3D TV. My Marantz is an older flagship with 1.3 HDMI switching, but no 3D support. I really like the sound of this unit, but I would also like 3D HDMI switching. I was thinking about for now just buying a $50 HDMI switch and route video to the plasma and sound to the Marantz. (not sure if this would work yet, but in theory it should with a 4 input, 2 output switch) Other than the switching, a new 2012 receiver would have newer Audyssey as well, but not sure if that's worth $1500+. And do the current Marantz and Denons sound as "good" as the SR8002?! Some opinions of the Marantz are 'no'. Any opinions? Thanks for your help guys!

Scott [*-)]

Here is another option. I would jump on that in a heartbeat. http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/165364.aspx

Let me second(or third) this recommendation. This is a great buy on a very well equipped 2nd tier modern receiver. It may not exactly have the Marantz SR8002 sound signature, but with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, you can get just about any sound you want out of it. Networking, streaming, 3D, you name it, it has it.

Bill

I picked up a Panny 65vt30 at Christmas . . . The predecessor with 3D . . . I had a Klipsch Reference 7.1 setup (like in My avatar). Bought the Denon 4311ci on an amazing sale which is still going on. The Denon 4311ci has been so successful as a leading AVR that Denon did not upgrade and replace it for 2012 . . . They just keep selling. EE is still matching the best online prices as an authorized online retailer for Denon at prices under $1200 price marked delivered, for this 3D enabled avr. There are preouts, internet upgrades, and a video filter second to none in the class. Oh, and if you desire, you can set it up as 11.2. Audessy XT32 built in. WOW!! The marriage of the Panny 3D, AirPlay on the 4311ci, the AVR itself, and Klipsch Reference (now Heritage) speakers, and my iPad has simply been an amazing result. I have years to look forward to this marriage of contemporary digital technology and vintage Klipsch. Good luck in your decision.

OR ..spend $500 on an Oppo BDP-93. It has two HDMI outs for precisely this reason - send 3d video to your tv from one and HD audio to your AVR from the other.

Or . . . Get the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D blu-ray player with two HDMI outs and send one to your TV and one to your current AVR . . . And then you do not have to buy another avr at all. The Panasonic is solid and cheaper (quality and plays well) but no one would argue in the same league as the OPPO 93. I bought the Panasonic and decided to buy the new Denon 4311, precisely because I wanted to move my old AVR (Pioneer 94TXH) to another room. Had to buy the Panasonic to afford to get the Denon. If I was only buying a blu-ray player and not a second AVR too, would definitely have opted for the OPPO BDP-93. If you play SACDs or DVD-Audio, you can do so with the Oppo 93 but not the Panny 310 . . . Therein lies the $275 difference. If you plan to stream 3D content from the Internet or cable service, then is when you may most need a new receiver . . , a two HDMI blu-ray player will only give you 3D content from discs.

I picked up a Panny 65vt30 at Christmas . . . The predecessor with 3D . . . I had a Klipsch Reference 7.1 setup (like in My avatar). Bought the Denon 4311ci on an amazing sale which is still going on. The Denon 4311ci has been so successful as a leading AVR that Denon did not upgrade and replace it for 2012 . . . They just keep selling. EE is still matching the best online prices as an authorized online retailer for Denon at prices under $1200 price marked delivered, for this 3D enabled avr. There are preouts, internet upgrades, and a video filter second to none in the class. Oh, and if you desire, you can set it up as 11.2. Audessy XT32 built in. WOW!! The marriage of the Panny 3D, AirPlay on the 4311ci, the AVR itself, and Klipsch Reference (now Heritage) speakers, and my iPad has simply been an amazing result. I have years to look forward to this marriage of contemporary digital technology and vintage Klipsch. Good luck in your decision.

Who is EE? If i want to look at getting that one. I looked at them before but the price was a bit step for me then.

Electronic Expo, one of the few authorized online Denon retailers. . . . You will have to call. I am going to send you a PM for the forum where you can look at the thread on how to get the discount. I mistakenly bought from Newegg who was not authorized and said they were. Denon would give me no warranty. In fact, Denon threatened Newegg with legal action because they were claiming falsely to be a Denon dealer. I will send you the PM and the link in a few.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I purchased a Panny BDP-500 Blu ray and will hook up the 2 HDMI outs for 3D. I will probably just buy an HDMI switch too because I need to separate the HDMI output (single) on the Dish 722K as well. Thanks for the tip on the Denon 4311CI, nice price. Tempting!! I recommend the Panny 500 Blue ray for $275 approx. Nice features for the price. Burr Brown DAC, dual HDMI out, dual core CPU, etc. Blur rays are like computers anymore, they're get outdated in about 2 years, lol.

Scott