RS52s or RB61s?

Rhetor

I have only ever used them for surrounds, a pair of RS52s for sides and RN61s for rears. I have moved on to Heritage setup for HT. My lovely wife wants a couple of small speakers and small amp for her office in a simple 2 channel setup. I have an HK. My wife wants me to install the RS52s and I suggested she might be better served by the RB61s. Her office is only about 20' x 15'. those of you who have worked with both as bookshelf speakers, which pair would sound better at low volumes (ambient music)? She will be playing alternative and jazz fusion in the background. Opinions?

RB all the way. The RS are designed as wide dispersion surround speakers. They won't sound nearly as nice as the RBs will in a 2 channel setup.

+1

bookshelves all the way!! i tried a set of rs-42 hooked up to my fronts just for fun one time and hated they way they sounded. but the rb-61's on the other hand sounded great!!

RB all the way. The RS are designed as wide dispersion surround speakers. They won't sound nearly as nice as the RBs will in a 2 channel setup.

I thought that might be the case. But she says the RS52s are so "pretty.". How bad is it going to sound if I am required to stick with the RS52s for her over the RB61s?