Is it worthy to bi-amp RF 52ii or not?

gsantosoliver

Greetings from Brazil!

I have recently got a pair of RF 52ii.

I am going to use the Denon 3311 as the power unit. So my question to you: Is it worthy to bi-amp the speakers instead of using the common approach to connect the speakers (using just one cable and that jumper provided in the speaker itself)?

Thank you!

Gilson

well, in the denon 3311 user's manual and on several webpages say that I can redirect the power from those unused rear surround channels to use in combination with the power from my front two channel which would give me four dedicated amplifier channels to drive a single pair of left and right front speakers. And they call it bi-amp.

Bi-amp: http://resim.donanimhaber.com/upfiles/622033/BFB691686AB04225A0DFEC2CAA524B2E.jpg

Bi-wire would be something link this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_I9Y_JNBdKLM/SwJXsDps1wI/AAAAAAAAADM/xdYlT_lPGbw/s1600/biwire.jpg

So my question is in regards the bi-amp versus using only the front left and right channels to connect the front speakers :)

I would agree with youth. I messed with that a little with

my old speakers and heard no difference. Granted I didn’t bypass the crossover

so I guess some might say I didn’t do it right. Nothing wrong with trying

though. You can use cheap wire like even a power cord on something like a broken

toaster would work just to try it. [:o]

• Moderators

I can redirect the power from those unused rear surround channels to use in combination with the power from my front two channel which would give me four dedicated amplifier channels to drive a single pair of left and right front speakers. And they call it bi-amp.

Bi-amp:

That's what my Yamaha receiver did too. It let me use my zone 2 to biamp them. Heard no difference in my setup.