Quartet for rears?

Now im throwing the idea around, for quartets, or herseys for rears!

I like to riser base cabinets, it would be neat to match it all!

Only thing , the academy is starting to look out of place!

Its black!

4 walnut Chorus, and a black academy, im not sure if i want to try to sand and stain it, to match the chorus!

I did this once and it turned out stained ok, but with black grain!

I should have taken my time to begin with, 7 years ago!

Regards /Jim

LOL it would be easier!

But no LOL!

I just applied a nice clear coat on the chorus, i dont want to spend the time to take it off LOL!

These look new again.

Im leaving the academy alone, it works just fine.

Im going back to heritage, i caint take it anymore, ill look for heresys local first!

Regards Jim

This message has been edited by Jim Cornell on 06-06-2002 at 11:48 PM

Jim,

Similar situation here. All my full range Heritage and Quartets are Walnut Finish too. But my Academy's are Oak and Black Finishes. Thought about making a enclosure sized to existing cabinets exterior dimensions, apply Walnut Veneer, lined it with felt to protect cabinets finish and slide the entire speaker cabinet into it. What do u think? Any possible affects on sound?

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Jim,

I truly enjoyed the Chorus II's and would still have them if they had been in a Walnut Finish. I just couldn't force myself to change their original Oak Finish. As far as I'm concerned, a Klipsch Speaker is a Klipsch, bottom line. An individuals preference for a model/line should be based on the sound that brings them the best listening pleasure, and not because they perceive there's some prestige associated with ownership. K-Horns are likely the only true exception, imo. As I see it, if PWK hadn't started the company, Heritage vs. other lines/models would be a moot point! (COL)

Wish you the best in your buying decision. My 0.02 - wait for the K-Horns - kill 2 birds - 1 stoneWink.gif

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 06-10-2002 at 08:41 AM

I have color matching problems as well - 2 OO Cornwall II's, a black Academy, and WO Chorus. I guess that means my setup is "calico"Smile.gif Sounds great though!

I would think that the Heresys would be the most flexible due to size, since placement is critical. Placement aside, either would be a good timbre match with the Chorus.

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains)

Klipsch Academy (center channel)

Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

H/K AVR 75 (used as pre/pro - will be upgraded soon)

Bass Kit:

2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets

Crown CE 1000 amplifier

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources:

Pioneer DV-333

2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks

General Instruments cable box

Panasonic VHS PV-4459

Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

The advantage Heresy II's will have is less weight & height. In regards to width and depth, you'll only save 3" in width and less than 2.5" in depth. The height savings may be nullified by having to raise them to ear level, or move them further back from rear seating. Weight is a definate plus!! Take careful measurements to ensure that you receive the size benefits you hope to achieve.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>