KPT-Jubilee-535 xover question

Turbox

Today i received my 402 and 510 horns for my Jubilee bins. Not sure how i assumed this, but i was expecting it to come with a fully passive 3 way behind the screen xover. however it came with a 2 way xover, with the expectation of biamping(i think).

Do any of you know if you can get a fully passive xover for the KPT-Jubilee-535?

Thanks.

this schematic is for a 2-way involving a k-69/k-402 and the jub bass bin. if you have a 2-way for the top end which splits between the k-1133 and k-69, you can put that crossover inbetween the drivers and hi pass section of the schematic below.

post-22082-13819799623186_thumb.jpg

Today i received my 402 and 510 horns for my Jubilee bins. Not sure how i assumed this, but i was expecting it to come with a fully passive 3 way behind the screen xover. however it came with a 2 way xover, with the expectation of biamping(i think).

Do any of you know if you can get a fully passive xover for the KPT-Jubilee-535?

I don't mean to speak for everyone but I think the answer is probably "no", nobody got a passive of any kind.

To me, your post begs the questions...

1. "What did you want to order?" (2 way Jubilee or 3 way Jubilee)
2. "What did they send?" (it sounds like a 3 way 'standard' Jubilee?)
3. Did you go through Roy and follow his directions to order it or, did you simply call a cinema dealer?
4. If you ordered a 3 way version, did you order (and receive) it in black or did you get Walnut/Cherry front?

If your intent was to order the 2 way version then it seems somethign was miscommunicated somewhere along the line. If you want the 3 way version then I'd speculate the passive might be included? (I presume it's to divide between the K402 and K510??)

Other orders were miscommunicated so it all hinges on what you in fact wanted to order.

That's my take on your situation. Seems as though you have it under control.

I ordered the LF bin back in January. S/N 1, and 2 for 2012 with a Cherry finish. Having said that i think my set might be the last set made with the old drivers. Before my account was messed up(and had to be recreated by Amy), there was talk of a delay in my units due to them looking for new drivers for the Jub bin. Two weeks ago i ordered the 402 and 510 to go with my LF bins. My intent has always been to have a three way passive. I've had a discussions with Roy on this for 2 way vs 3 way. I know 3 way is not required in a home setting, but that was my preference. I was told that the passives would be included in the order and they were included. The error could have been mine in assuming it was a three way passive, vs a two way passive. I've looked closer on it doesnt really say on the website. I might be on the hunt for a passive...

The Dirvers - 402 has the KT1133, and the 510 has the K69A.

The 402 horn is over the top, i love it. According to my better half, i need a "speaker intervention"

this schematic is for a 2-way involving a k-69/k-402 and the jub bass bin. if you have a 2-way for the top end which splits between the k-1133 and k-69, you can put that crossover inbetween the drivers and hi pass section of the schematic below.

Interesting...

I don't mean to speak for everyone but I think the answer is probably "no", nobody got a passive of any kind.

To me, your post begs the questions...

1. "What did you want to order?" (2 way Jubilee or 3 way Jubilee)
2. "What did they send?" (it sounds like a 3 way 'standard' Jubilee?)
3. Did you go through Roy and follow his directions to order it or, did you simply call a cinema dealer?
4. If you ordered a 3 way version, did you order (and receive) it in black or did you get Walnut/Cherry front?

If your intent was to order the 2 way version then it seems somethign was miscommunicated somewhere along the line. If you want the 3 way version then I'd speculate the passive might be included? (I presume it's to divide between the K402 and K510??)

Other orders were miscommunicated so it all hinges on what you in fact wanted to order.

That's my take on your situation. Seems as though you have it under control.

Actually if you got the 402/510 top section it does have a crossover for the two drivers. It is mounted on the board that holds the horns. I saw this at JC's house. I think it was the same top as the mcm grand? The 402/510 combo was incredible. If the crossover is already on there I would use it. I'm not sure what ships with the LF sectionif you ordered the KPT Jubilee 535. When I heard it at JC's I thought the 402/510 combo smoked all other horns and driver combo's we listened to and we listened to alot of stuff two way and three way.

pic here https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-LWT5tuhA3_I/TIwWZ21l8sI/AAAAAAAASus/n80ZwaD7Qrw/s640/IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

All crossovers are fundamentally cascaded 2-way crossovers. so if
you have a crossover on your back plate for the mid and tweeter, what
you would do is build the jubilee crossover in the schematic which is a
two way resulting in a signal split to the LF bass bin and the HF 402
driver. run the HF 402 line out from the built crossover into the
input of your top section back plate crossover, run the outputs of the
top crossover as normal with one to the mid and one to the tweet.
make sure that the xover on your back plate is in fact a crossover for
the mid and tweet and is not intended to connect in any way to the bass
bin. Make sure the crossover's MF section is intended to go to an 1133
and not the 10 inch mid bass driver used in the MCM grand 4. I would
call klipsch and ask what system in production uses the xover you have
and where / which drivers are involved.....that way you have a total
understanding.

Actually if you got the 402/510 top section it does have a crossover for the two drivers. It is mounted on the board that holds the horns. I saw this at JC's house. I think it was the same top as the mcm grand? The 402/510 combo was incredible. If the crossover is already on there I would use it. I'm not sure what ships with the LF sectionif you ordered the KPT Jubilee 535. When I heard it at JC's I thought the 402/510 combo smoked all other horns and driver combo's we listened to and we listened to alot of stuff two way and three way.

Was JC using an active network to seperate the Lf frequency? There is no xover shipped with th Jubilee bins. I dont really want to persue an active network.

The best suggestion so far is from speakerfritz...but i'd still have to get someone to manufacture the xover. I might as well, just get a three way designed and be done with it?

I think i saw a list around that showed all the Jubilee owners, and if it was two way or three way. Has there been a three way passive design around ? Any xover kings around?

Was JC using an active network to seperate the Lf frequency? There is no xover shipped with th Jubilee bins. I dont really want to persue an active network.

The best suggestion so far is from speakerfritz...but i'd still have to get someone to manufacture the xover. I might as well, just get a three way designed and be done with it?

I think i saw a list around that showed all the Jubilee owners, and if it was two way or three way. Has there been a three way passive design around ? Any xover kings around?

That is a cool Jubilee!!!!!!! WOW!

JC was using ashly crossovers and mcintosh amps. Sounded great and he did utilize the passive crossover on the 402/510

I've never seen a 510 like that before... Do you any info about that????????????????????

I would email Roy and let him know what you have purchased and see which crossover he would use with it...I think it is roy.delgado@klipsch.com

I had Bob Crites build my jub crossovers and I'm sure he could do the same for you.

I had Bob Crites build my jub crossovers and I'm sure he could do the same for you.

Did he build you a 2 way xover? or a 3 way xover? I dont know anything about the shape on that K510. i was surprised to see that, it wasnt what i was expecting. I was expecting the standard 510.