Puke on my speaker :(

jeb

BobG: Hello

Regis: Hello BobG, Regis Philbin here from ABC's "Who Wants To Be A Millionare".

BobG: Oh no, not again!

Regis: I'm sorry to bother you again BobG, but we have another vomit related question.

BobG: Can't you people call someone else?

Regis: Sorry BobG, but you are the high master of pukeology, home theater, and Klipsch speakers. Who else can we call?

• 6 months later...

This is the highest % of "read" vs. "replied to" post I've ever seen on this forum and it's about puking on a speaker! HaHa! cwm16.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - coming soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Albany.gif

Wow, I guess someone resurrected this topic from the dead. Guess what? Same thing happened to me several years ago to my KG 4.2s(well one of them). I invited my friend Dale over for Cajun style red beans and rice(not many people in Tampa have ever even tried or heard of this). Well after eating several huge bowls and drinking whatever it was we started drinking that night it happened. He sort of puked on the way down to the floor as he passed out. He covered the bottom corner of my beloved Klipsch with a red-brownish gravy-like coating. Has anyone ever smelled beans after a few days of being in the garbage? Imagine that mixed with the familiar straight-up vomit stench. What sucked is Dale was passed out and not waking up. I had to do something quick or I'd never get that funk out. We dragged him a few feet away and let the stuff dry up all over his face. I was more pissed now and NOT laughing after I really saw what a mess he made. I forgot to mention that I didn't notice the coating on my speaker. At the time I thought he only puked on the carpet so I didn't see this 'til the next day or two. Luckily you can just pop the plastic grill off of this model and soak it for a while in a tub of hot water. Came right off. Needless to say I gave Dale hell for a long time and I couldn't wait for him to invite ME over for food and tequila. "Hey man where are your speakers?" :-)

Justin aiming for 2000 posts must be a challenge!Now you are seen even here! Wink.gif

Puke on speaker grills! Interesting and smelly.

You are one good sport jeb,if someone would puke on my beloved speakers...OUCH.They would get the fist and the knee.

Hope you fixed your problem jeb.

TheEAR(s) Now theears