Took me 54 years to finally get the sound I was looking for - New Cornwall guy!

jackpollard

LOL. aahhh the abuse was not too bad. I'm glad others have temp make shift structures (Audio Android).

Thanks for the kind words, I have never been happier with the sound, but you know, even with all that said, I still look at 'upgrades'. I'm looking at 300b's and thinking, hummm I wonder what that would sound like. I'm looking at speaker cable and thinking , I don't really like the way I have them speaker ends attached. Those dang speaker blocks are kind of narrow. I had 2 pair of Zen Satori cables. One was banana, the other spades. When I got the cornwalls, the spades did not fit. So, I cut off the ends, kind of stripped the wires for contact and put that on the speaker side. But, I think that's kind of klugey. I was gonna try some Clear Day cables, heard good reviews and the guy is pretty nice who runs it. and they are cheap. Before you all yell at me about my addiction, I am mainly buying music, for sure. But, I do think I have an audio addiction, I just enjoy tweaking. You all in my boat also? Not that I keep my purchases a secret from my wife, but I kind of slide off the actual $$ facts. She does not ask, I don't tell!

I listened to Mark Knopfler/EmmyLou Harris "All the Roadrunning" and its just stunning how beautiful the sound is. I just can't get over the realism of the sound. The harmony is just so pure and sweet, its stunning to me.

I listened to Mark Knopfler/EmmyLou Harris "All the Roadrunning" and its just stunning how beautiful the sound is. I just can't get over the realism of the sound. The harmony is just so pure and sweet, its stunning to me.

GREAT album! Nice deep bass on some of the tracks, even on my LaScalas. Love the last song.

Bruce

Welcome to the Madness. Cornwalls were my first Klipsch years ago and I still have that pair (around here.. somewhere...) To this day I'll say that a pair of CW is the best bang for the buck in loudspeakers ever. As to positioning, back agains the wall will increase the bass, but do so in increments of a few inches each day. As to toe-in, unless you've got a big enough room that they're basically at 1/3's along the long wall, best to toe them in considerably to keep the 90 degree mid horn from bouncing off any adjacent walls. Enjoy and thanks for posting.