Center Channel

Terry Palmer

I've decided to sell my RC 35. I don't play my system real loud as my wife doesn't like it too loud. I have the RF 25 fronts, the RC 35 center and RS 3II's as surround. The center has never seemed as clear or clean as the other speakers. It really sounds muffled. I've tried most of the suggestions on this form and still the same. The RF25s sound so much clearer and cleaner. So many times when watching TV its hard to hear the voices real clear.

Now I need some suggestions on what to go with for a different center. One that would match the tremble of the 25's better. Would that be a RC25 or something else? Would e RC 3 or 3 II's be a good match. Since we don't listen real loud I need good clarity at a lower volumes. The low end doesn't concern me too much as I use the 80hz setting and set all my speakers to small with my RW 12D. Thanks for any advice. I don't have a real big budget.

I think the reason the RC-35 seems a bit muffled with dialog is because the second set of woofers does not crossover to the tweeter until 2100Hz. Most of the dialog lies in the midrange which with the RC-35, comes through the woofers instead of the horn tweeter. I have experienced a similar situation with my RF-63's/RC-64 but with tone controls and EQ'ing the match is much better than originally.

You might want to consider an RC-62 which crosses over at 1650Hz instead of 2100Hz.

Bill

According to the klipsch website, the RC-25 was matched with the RF-25s. You might try to see if you can find one of those floating around somewhere.

I'm afraid that if you don't like the RC-35, you will hate the smaller RC-25. My neighbor has an RC-35 with his RB-35s up front and I think I know what you mean by poor center quality. Get ready for complete upgraditis !