Klipsch RT-12d questions

eagle98

1st: Did the Klipsch RT-12d originally come with a microphone to do the auto tuning, or was the mic sold separately?

2nd: Do you need the mic for the auto-tuning, or is the mic for another function? Can you just buy another mic from radio shack to suffice?

3rd: I know the RT-12d isn't the biggest monster subwoofer out there, but would you be willing to buy one for $325 or is that still too much for its performance?

Is there a place to buy a replacement mic?

Try Klipsch Parts/Support, they may still carry it.

Klipsch Technical and Warranty Support

Toll Free: 1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)

Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM ET

E-mail: support@klipsch.com

Bill

while probably not ideal, I used the denon audyssey mic that came with my AVR with an rt-10d and had decent results.

I got the RT-12d and it is more than enough for my room. I can't imagine what it would sound like if I had gotten a more powerful subwoofer, but I'm sure the pictures would be falling off the walls.

And I saved $200-600 that I can now use on a receiver. :)

I got the RT-12d and it is more than enough for my room. I can't imagine what it would sound like if I had gotten a more powerful subwoofer, but I'm sure the pictures would be falling off the walls.

[Y]

And I saved $200-600 that I can now use on a receiver. :)

[Y][Y]

Bill

Is there a place to buy a replacement mic?

I emailed Klipsch support yesterday for a mic for rt-10d and the responded they do still have them.

Being in Canada ,I have to go through their Canadian distributor but they do have them. I also have been using my UMC-1 mic but doesn't seem to set proper settings.