La Scala Project in Holland

reinderspeter

I have been a member here for a few years and, although I haven't posted much, I've read and learned a lot here.
But now it is time to post and show the pair of La Scalas I recently built.
Over 2.5 years ago I had the oportunity to buy a set of La Scala drivers, K400's, a set of AA x-overs andSonicap upgrades. In other words, everything except the boxes, so all I had to do was build a pair. As these things tend to go, it took a long time before I finally got to building them, but they're ready now.

Posted Image

to:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

An more elaborate report of the building process can be read Here

Just wanted to share that I heard and saw these beauty's "live" yesterday evening at Peter's house in Amsterdam. Peter invited me after buying the speakerunits from me some time ago, and I emailed him once or twice in the past two years, asking if he already had made the cabinets.....

It was very nice to be at his place, listen to some music and seeing these smooth cabinets. Even when looked at closely, one can only admire the quality of the woodwork.

While driving home, I realized that Peter's LS's impressed me just like my own LS's impressed me, hearing them for the first time 25 years ago. They fill the room with a lively presentation of what's spinning on the Lenco. My visit felt too short.....a good sign.[:)]

Way to go Peter!! I hope we'll meet again.

Nico

While driving home, I realized that Peter's LS's impressed me just like my own LS's impressed me, hearing them for the first time 25 years ago. They fill the room with a lively presentation of what's spinning on the Lenco. My visit felt too short.....a good sign.Smile

Way to go Peter!! I hope we'll meet again.

Nico

I'm glad you enjoyed them, Nico [:)] and I'm reallyhappy you sold me the drivers all those years ago!