Speaker help

HAmmer32261

I have a pair of rf-83's and i have a chance to buy another pair

My question is can i have 2 speakers as a right channel and 2 speakers as a left channel?

Is there a way to hook a pair on each side? i have a denon 4311ci and the speakers will be powered by 2 XPA-2 amps

Thank you John

MOST (but not all) STEREO amplifiers tend to have speaker terminals on the back for "Speakers A" and "Speakers B". Some even have connections for more pairs of speakers. If you have these on the back of your amp, then you just hook up two pairs, one pair to speaker A, and one pair to Speaker B.

OK...now lets look at a better idea, which you may or may not be able to do: Since I have no idea what your upstream equipment outputs/inputs possibilities are, if this fits you, then you are good to go: one stereo preamp, WHICH HAS OUTPUTS FOR TWO STEREO AMPLIFIERS...hook up a pair of speakers to each amp, plug both amps into the preamp...turn it all on and play something through the preamp and piss off the neighbors all you want...Check for clipping and heat...ALWAYS WATCH FOR CLIPPING AND HEAT!

Try not to push too many watts into speakers that have much lower continuous ratings than your amplifiers are rated at, or better yet...just don't use monster amps to begin with...efficient speakers really don't NEED monster-watt amps!

Have fun!

Personally, I prefer just one pair of speakers for my stereo listening use...unless I use a three speaker stereo array. More than one pair of flank speakers in stereo listening kinda "muddies-up" the soundstage detail for my ears...just a thought!

I think you can. The Emotiva XPA-2 has two outputs. Just run an RCA splitter from each stereo channel (FL & FR), so you can use the seperate speaker outputs from each XPA2. You will use an amp for the left speakers, and an amp for the right speakers. Basically, you should split before the amps.

Mustang each pair is going to have it's own amp

Here's the back of my reciever

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/HAmmer32261/EL_AVR-4311CI_back.png

and this is what the hookup will be

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/HAmmer32261/hookup.png

but will both FL and FR play during movies?/ or just music playback

Mustang each pair is going to have it's own amp

Here's the back of my reciever

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/HAmmer32261/EL_AVR-4311CI_back.png

and this is what the hookup will be

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/HAmmer32261/hookup.png

but will both FL and FR play during movies?/ or just music playback

If you use a Y adapter from the FR single RCA into both the amp's RCA inputs, then attach those to both front right speakers, then whenever sound comes out the FR RCA, both of those speakers are going to play.

Is that the best thing to do in your situation? Probably not... Should you buy the extra speakers? Sure, why not? A man can never have too many speakers.

[:)]

Oh, and one more thing... If you are wanting to listen to music in a new way, try an SACD of Brother in Arms, and listen to Money for Nothing. Get those extra speakers, and use them as surrounds or rears. SACD is recorded so that each of the speakers in your HT get to do somthing. Money for Nothing is the best song I have to demonstrate that. For the best listening, in my opinion, having all large speakers in your HT makes it best. Heck, large speakers make the system sound better no matter what, especially for music.

Thats what i was wondering tiger so it wouldnt be worth it?

or just use the 2nd pair of 83's for surround? that way i could have all 4 83's for music playback

I don't think so, the speakers are designed to give a uniform image. If they are a good deal and you have the room you can go for surrounds.

The temptation to buy a local good deal is hard, isn't it? [:@]

Does the avr have Front Wide, if so that may be the best choice. There should be several modes that will allow for extende listening in stereo and other formats. This approach may bring out more subtle sounds and details than duplication from two speakers if I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Also, different size drivers in a system may also add to the quality of sound, like musical instruments in an orcherstra. I use drivers from 5.5 in to 10 in in my system which blend very well together and no timber issues.