Projector suggestions

HAmmer32261

I am in the market for a projector also. It looks like I will be settling on the Epson 6010. I really like the both the 5010 and 6010.

Is this your first projector?

Yes....is there amything I should be looking for or looking to avoid? Thanks.

No just asking. Espon is a great projector I think you made

a good choice. [:D]

I bought my Epson 5010 from Projector People for $2,499 and 2 weeks later they started stocking the 5020 for $2,599. I think they're pretty much the same, the major difference being that the auto iris functions in 3-D mode. Other than that the contrast ratio claims to be better overall but we all know about those ratings.

I could have boxed the 5010 up and changed it out but it was not worth the hassle. That being said, good for you that the newer better box is available for essentially the same price.

You're going to love it. The picture is just about as good as my Samsung 60" plasma...

I bought my Epson 5010 from Projector People for $2,499 and 2 weeks later they started stocking the 5020 for $2,599. I think they're pretty much the same, the major difference being that the auto iris functions in 3-D mode. Other than that the contrast ratio claims to be better overall but we all know about those ratings.

I could have boxed the 5010 up and changed it out but it was not worth the hassle. That being said, good for you that the newer better box is available for essentially the same price.

You're going to love it. The picture is just about as good as my Samsung 60" plasma...

The 5020 has 320K compared to 200K contrast of the 5010, and the 5020 comes with 3d glasses like the 6010. The 5020UBe is wireless, and is $300 more.