49 years ago today

jhoak

How would you know anything about the intent of the founding fathers of the United States of America?

You worry about Canada, and let the U.S. worry about the U.S., ok? And I promise to stay out of the Canadians' business! Deal?

-Andy

Wow!.....Believe me, I know as much about the founding fathers as you do, fact is I probably know a heck of a lot MORE than you do. You have made an assumption based on six letters that appear beneath my avatar.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulling a trigger and letting loose a few rounds is a fairly impersonal way of doing someone in, pulling a knife and carving up twenty people is quite another thing. I know it, you know it.

You prefer the personal touch? How about a deranged person walking naked into a church and carving up 11 people?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/730453/Naked-sword-wielder-at-London-Mass-injures-1the personal touch1.html?pg=all

Why don't you show me an example of someone pouring gasoline on twenty six people and then striking a match.

David Koresh at Waco killed what, about 80 people that way. Suicide bombers in the middle east using high explosives blow up dozens at a time, all too frequently. Timothy Mcveigh killed 168 people and injured hundreds more with a fertilizer bomb in Oklahoma City.

All these tragedies have one thing in common, and it's not choice of weapons. It's criminals and lunatics with their insanity doing these deeds. None of these various devices grew legs and did anything on their own.

What we need to do is to focus on the criminals and lunatics and deal with them, after the fact and proactively.

You could simply buy a canister of gun powder........skip the gun entirely.......build a small (or large) bomb, and easily do as much or more damage than the recent school shooter. Remember Oklahoma City?

I agree with HDR Builder.......it's the person, not the weapon.

I grew up in Syracuse and guns were strickly controlled..........I have since lived in the south now for the last 13 years. EVERYONE has guns in the south. KIDS learn at a young age how to use them and the respect required.

It aint the guns killing people. It's the hateful people doing it, Absent guns, they'll still find a way.

I feel a lot safer here with us all having guns than I do anywhere else.