Everything updated to Reference....Now what receiver???

troy2003

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for my newness, lol. So interconnects are the digital coax i will need, then just my speaker wire and trigger wire.

The cables you referenced from Monoprice are digital coax RCA's. You don't need digital cables for your application but you can use them. Just quality analog RCA cables are all you need.

Bill

Sorry, we could have been more descriptive. Digital coax might be a little overkill. I'm not exactly sure what the difference between those and RCA cables are, just more shielding I think. But if you have your amp and processor close to each other, it's not really necessary. Just any RCA cable will do. The only thing I suggest you don't do is get your cables from radio shack. I swear every time I buy anything from there, it falls apart. Adding an amp is really the easiest thing you can do. It's just simply take the speaker wire out of the back of your receiver, plug it back into the amp, and run however many RCA cables you need from your processor to their respective channels on the amp.

Emotiva also suggests turning your amp on for about an hour before you play anything to let it warm up for the first time. How necessary this is, I don't know. I started blasting right away and mine was fine. But if you have more patience than me, which isn't hard, that's just what they suggest.

The only thing I suggest you don't do is get your cables from radio shack. I swear every time I buy anything from there, it falls apart.

Hey, that's where I get most of my cables from. My local RS usually has mid level quality Monster and Radio Shack Gold Series cables occasionally on clearance for close to 80% off. I ****** them off the hooks whenever I see them.

Bill

Amp hook up is exactly what i thought it was then....all the terms are just confusing me, in my mind i originally thought rca from preout to unbalance in, speaker wire to amp and trigger wire. So in the end im not as clueless as i thought lol. Tmassey i will try to practice that patience man, thanks for all of the quick info guys.

Well, the Emotiva xpa-5 is on order as of 9 a.m. this morning....and seeing as how Emotiva is a 6 hour ride north of me im hoping I will see the amp by at least Wednesday and all cables should arrive from monoprice by tomorrow. I cannot wait to get everything up and running, this new setup will require an all new Audyssey calibration correct?

Well, the Emotiva xpa-5 is on order as of 9 a.m. this morning....and seeing as how Emotiva is a 6 hour ride north of me im hoping I will see the amp by at least Wednesday and all cables should arrive from monoprice by tomorrow. I cannot wait to get everything up and running, this new setup will require an all new Audyssey calibration correct?

Congratz on the new purchase! Anytime anything is introduced into the system as well as any changes to the environment (furniture, wall / window treatments etc.) It is recommended to re run Audyssey.