KLF-20

Kingrich

Hi there !!

I'm a retailer and loyal fan from Norway with many different Klipsch models on my back over the years. Need some restoration tips regarding a pair of KLF20 i recently aquired. Had the KLF30 for several years in the beginning of 2000. The best and highest playing pair i ever had by the way and they easily outperformed their successor, the RF7. The gluing weakness of the loose rear baffles is well known, and what is the best solution on that issue. Drill small holes and use screws ? Is it something to gain on gluing thin isolation panels on the inside walls, to make it more dead ? And what about element spares, k-1036 k etc. Also would be nice with a new set of grills/front covers. Any suggestions on these matters would be appreciated.

Richard, Norway

Richda: I have only just found your post. Welcome to the forum, this is a wonderful place with some truly amazing people. It is late here now (western Canada) and I have a busy day lined up and a busy week as well. I have a total hip replacement set for Friday this week I should be home on Tuesday next week. I can see if there is a computer in the hospital and send you some links showing you what I have done with my KLF20, I have two pair, one set belongs to my daughter now the other set is mine but is in transition at the moment and is slowly morfing ito a custom animal. First thing that you must do is to buy a set of Titanium tweeters off of Bob Crites and a set of Titanium mid diaphragms off of Klipsch (the only source for these unless you change drivers). With some luck I can send you some links before I go into the hospital and you can spend a few days pondering what you might like to do. Do you have acess to a work shop with tools? Are you handy enough to tackle brace work and some cabinet modification? Let me know and by the way you speak and write English very well better than my Norwegian. My ex partner's last name is Ektvedt she was born in Canada but her family is from Norway. I can dance a little like a Norway man and would love to visit. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=372783&highlight=klf20 link showing a fast and dirty but effective brace job on a set of KLF20

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=441379 Ideas on spider related noise this includes top plate reflections also

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=430992 Acoustical filtering of undesirable woofer output

Thank you Mike for the good wishes regarding my personal modifications, Ha. This is such a great place one of the members here who is a Dr gave me a consult a few days ago giving me the reasurance I needed to feel good about the hip replacement operation. I will be wide awake watching and listenng to as much of the procedure as possible. Thanks for the concern and good wishes. I hobble to be out of the hospital on Tuesday morning. Best regards Moray James.

post-46582-13819825348642_thumb.jpg

Hey Moray :)

Another long late day is soon to be over here as well, soon midnight now. Thank`s for your warm welcome on the forum by the way.

I will check out your three links so far. No need for you to go hunting for a pc on the hospital with your new hip. Just relax and we can continue nxt week.

I was infact thinking of that new titanium diaphragms for both K-79 and K-52. The 79`S i can order from Bob and the 52`s i must get directly from Klipsch, right.

Why is that, not that it matters...:) But what will get me the best price, direct from klipsch or my official Norwegian agent/importer. You see, klipsch just changed their distributor in Norway from "audiocompaniet" to "mono". So i guess i know more about klipsch than they do, for now. But things will be better because mono is more serious and tidy (I will eventually order my klipsch products for the shop from them) I have sold RF and Synergy speakers for twelve years now and up to this point "audiocompaniet" were the distributor for klipsh in Norway (with the European HQ in Amsterdam). Is there a online part store on klipsch.com, or must the orders go through an authorized

dealer/retail. In that case i am, but then again i must use my dealership cotact which now are mono. So its just another part in the chain.... And how about new front grills and the woofer k1036k.

And yes, both very handy and well tool equipped. That should not cause problems. I fix everything i set my mind on :)

Thanks for my english compliments. It`s probably due to all the movies over the years and early teaching in school i guess, hehe

Your ex last name is very typical Norwegian. We have a family not far with that last name. This is Vestfold county, 70 clicks/km south of the capitol, Oslo.

You must work on your norwegian then...and your dance, with the brand new hip... :))))

In meantime :

Good luck with the new hip and your stay at the hospital

all the best

Rich.

Klipsch just happens to be the only source of titanium mid diaphragms. There are possible alternate drivers (non Klipsch) but check out the Klipsc option first. Tell them you got these speakers with ti twweeters and that the rest of the system is all ti and you want a match. If you have a good dealership connection that should be as cheap as you are likely to get. I paid about $190.00 the pair plus shipping and duty. Contact Klipsch service dept in America and ask about woofers I do not know if they are available or not perhaps someone here does?

I am already and acomplished drinker of Aquavit (some are much better than others) but fish soaked in Lye well I can eat it once a year and it tastes good but the concept is disturbing. I can also say yaaa and ha det bra. Best regards Moray James.

I am already and acomplished drinker of Aquavit (some are much better than others) but fish soaked in Lye well I can eat it once a year and it tastes good but the concept is disturbing. I can also say yaaa and ha det bra. Best regards Moray James.

Mmmmm... lutefisk!

I lived in Wisconsin for a while... some great scandanavian foods, but that wouldn't be one of them. [8-)]

Bruce

Linie for me is the Aquavit base line and it is good but I have had much better but of course at a premium cost. More Norwegian nationals living outside Norway than inside Norway. Some kind of homeland time share conept. Great people very down to earth. Work hard party hard like to have fun know how to drink and eat. I am a Son of Norway from the blood of Scotland. Plenty of exchange in good times and bad over the centuries so close they are. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.linie.com/

Well I spent the whole day at the hospital and an hour outside the operating room waiting and they decided there were problems with my heart and could not reach the cardiologist and so refused to go ahead so they sent me home. If the cardiologist can see me next week I might get my hip done early next year. I will post when I go in for sure again. Best regards Moray James.

Do yourself a favor and check out Pete Egoscue before going under the knife.

There is a time and place for surgery, but you will still need to fix your body problems after surgery.

I suggest trying the Egoscue method for about four months before giving in to the knife.

Got $4 ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0553379887/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used

OK Moray :) Hope you can get your hip fixed soon then. A real good refurbishing. Thanks for the tips and links. Probably will follow the TI tweet/mids replacements. And reglue the rear baffles. Maybe also put in some thin screws (top,mid and bottom) Regarding the lutefisk there will be various meanings, also here in Norway. The aquavit will for sure be consumed before the fish. We also have "gravlaks" and "raklaks". Google it, hehe. The woofer replacement is K 1036 E klipsch said

OK Moray :) Hope you can get your hip fixed soon then. A real good refurbishing. Thanks for the tips and links. Probably will follow the TI tweet/mids replacements. And reglue the rear baffles. Maybe also put in some thin screws (top,mid and bottom) Regarding the lutefisk there will be various meanings, also here in Norway. The aquavit will for sure be consumed before the fish. We also have "gravlaks" and "raklaks". Google it, hehe. The woofer replacement is K 1036 E klipsch said