Fried shrimp recipes

The Dude

I'd leave the hot sauce out. A cup of hot sauce in shrimp fry batter????

I've used this recipe many times. It does have a little "kick" to it but it's not what I'd call "hot" at all. There's a LOT of other ingredients in the mix. Not to mention a lot of dairy which takes the edge off of any hot sauce.

Of course I suppose that depends a LOT on what hot sauce you're using. I use the Tabasco "Chipolte" sauce and have been consistantly complimented. If you're using one of the Habanero based sauces it could get real hot real quick.

I tried it once with Frank's Red Hot sauce and it was WAY too hot. Not inedible but we all went through a LOT of paper napkins wiping the sweat off of our faces.

Stick with a "low fire" hot sauce and it'll be fine.

I buy sesame oil and sesame seeds and coat with both and cook. Yummy.

I also make this sauce for lobster, should work well with shrimp:

1/4 Cup Butter

2 tbs thyme

1 tbs dijon mustard

1 lemon

garlic

1/3 cup scallion

Mix it up in a pan, it is insanely good. Make the sauce, cook the shrimp in a pan (don't overcook) and add to the sauce and serve over rice. I made this for Christmas dinner last year and everyone is insisting that I make it again.

I'd leave the hot sauce out. A cup of hot sauce in shrimp fry batter????

I've used this recipe many times. It does have a little "kick" to it but it's not what I'd call "hot" at all. There's a LOT of other ingredients in the mix. Not to mention a lot of dairy which takes the edge off of any hot sauce.

Of course I suppose that depends a LOT on what hot sauce you're using. I use the Tabasco "Chipolte" sauce and have been consistantly complimented. If you're using one of the Habanero based sauces it could get real hot real quick.

I tried it once with Frank's Red Hot sauce and it was WAY too hot. Not inedible but we all went through a LOT of paper napkins wiping the sweat off of our faces.

Stick with a "low fire" hot sauce and it'll be fine.

About the Franks Red Hot, buy the regular sauce and definately not the buffalo wing sauce. Like the add says, I put that $hit on everything. I use it instead of tobasco because it is milder and I can put more on to add flavor but not too much heat.