speaker spikes any diffrence?

klipguy

Klipguy-

I appologize if you already know this but here goes. The spike should have the biggest noticeable difference if your using the speakers on carpet. If the stock Nylon feet are used on carpet then there is the tendancy for the speaker to rock forwards and backwards due to the counter effect of the drivers pushing air to create sound waves. i.e.-A woofer moves out and adversley the cabinet moves back as well. Kinda like the recoil of a gun being fired. Now when the spikes are used, they intended to pierce the carpet and let the speaker rest on the hard floor underneath. Now that there is a more stable connection the speaker cabinet cannot rock back and forth as easily thusly pushing more air forward instead of pushing the air forward and the cabinet backwards.

My 20's are sitting on hardwood floor so I didn't use the spikes; but bass-o-plenty when their placed in the right spot to use the side and rear walls to accentuate the resonance.

Tally Ho!!

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

can't say that i heard a diff, but definitely more stable, and looks better 'floating' higher above the carpet. DO IT!

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

YES! You need to put them on. Until I read this, I had them off. Now there on, and make a BIG dif! Cleaner, better bass. THe drivers move more..Well, at least they look like it. Mabey not more, but, but straighter...Can't explain. Try it and see.

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

• 1 year later...

I too would say spikes are a big improvement... I have them on my Cornwall's and sub and both present cleaner tighter bass as a result. I am thinking of putting them on my La Scala's. What would you think? They have such a large foot print and are very heavy, but they are on carpet. I was not sure if it would be worth while (not sure why it seams different than the Cornwall's).

Thanks,

Josh