Amplifier to pair with my Pioneer

Guest Teresa Wright

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just recently bitten by the same bug. I currently use a Pioneer Elite SC 55 and have just tear it up with a Parasound 5250 version 2 I am installing all this over the weekend in regards to the preamp always having to be upgraded I have been considering getting a theata Casablanca 3 and keeping my Parasound for 5 Channel application. I have heard that with the theata Casablanca serious you can update components without having to swap out the preamp every time. I heard that they will send you the updated components every time an upgrade it's necessary. looking to purchase 1 of these in March so the wife won't kill me right now since they're relatively expensive and I plan to keep my Parasound amp but upgrade to a dreadnaught two channel amp for the mains

So, are you saying get the Parasound??

While I am sure the HCA-750a is a nice amp(as most Parasounds are), it is "only" 75w/channel. If I were you and was going to "upgrade" to better amplification, I would go with at least 100w/channel. Watts are not everything but all watts are not the same. While I would love to sell you my Adcom GFA-6000 5-channel amp, let me suggest a stellar 5-channel amp on the "inexpensive" side.

I am not sure where you are located but this Acurus amp is a wonderful performer.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/3528159195.html

http://www.indyaudiolabs.com/acurus-a125x5.aspx

2Q==

2Q==

Also a great performing 2-channel Acurus that is definitely more powerful than the specs(100w/ch@8ohms,150w/ch@4ohms) suggest and very affordable. I have just about pulled the trigger on this one for a 2-channel setup and find an Acurus preamp to go with it.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/3469559883.html

31.jpg

Bill

Guest Teresa Wright

Thanks for the links. I live in Idaho Falls, so, nothing happening here. I have been checking e-bay and KSL-in Salt Lake. There is an Acurus A150 on e-bay for $289, I'm just keeping an eye on that one-is that a good price?? You guys are soo helpful, thanks.

Teresa

I have read many replies that Acurus is not the best to pair with Klipsch that they are a little to bright with Klipsch’s high sensitivity speakers.

Don't believe everything you read.[:P] Even what you read from me.[:D]

The older Acurus amps(A100 v1,A150,A250) have all been accused of sounding "bright" with some of the first generation Reference speakers and Heritage speakers, but my personal experience has not been that. The 2nd generation Acurus amps(A100 v2,A125x5,A200,A200FIVE) are about as neutral as you can get. I think theses Acurus amps sound wonderful with all Klipsch speakers I have tried.

Bill

Interesting bill,

Let me ask you your opinion, I am selling my RF-83s and RF-64 to purchase the new RF-7iis and RC-64ii in Cherry or possibly the palladium p-37s with matching center. I just purchased the Anthem A5 amp in conjunction with my Pio Elite SC-55. I love my klipsch speakers but I have read so many great reviews as to the new RF7s having a more detailed deeper better mid and that they have the smoothness of the 83s with the punch and power of the older RF-7s. What is your or anyone elses opinion on this? Im keeping my RS62 rears though and my 4 KW-120 THX subs wont be leaving at all lol. But looking to upgrade the mains. I have had these 83 for years but looking for something more. Darn upgrade bug lol.

Interesting bill,

Let me ask you your opinion, I am selling my RF-83s and RF-64 to purchase the new RF-7iis and RC-64ii in Cherry or possibly the palladium p-37s with matching center.

I have heard the RF-83's(Youthman's) and the original RF-7's but not the RF-7II's. My understanding is the same as yours, the RF-7II's have the "in your face" presence of the RF-7's with the smoothness and refinement of the RF-83's. If you can afford the Palladiums, now that would be a true upgrade.

Im keeping my RS62 rears though and my 4 KW-120 THX subs wont be leaving at all lol.

If you are staying with Reference, no need to switch your RS-62's to RS-62II's, IMO.

Hard to do much better than (4) KW-120THX's.

I just purchased the Anthem A5 amp in conjunction with my Pio Elite SC-55.

Where did your Parasound 5250 v2 go?

I have had these 83 for years but looking for something more.

I have owned my RF-63's for close to five years and have not really felt the need to "upgrade" to RF-83's, RF-7's, or RF-7II's. I have experimented with amps, receivers, and pre/pros and am now more than ever happy with the results.

Darn upgrade bug lol.

I have been pretty immuned to the bug so far. Okay I lied.[:$] I went from (Quintet III's) to (RVX-42's) to (RB-35's and RC-62) to (RF-63's and RC-62) to(RF-63's and RC-64). We won't talk about the subwoofer upgrades.[:#]

Bill

I still have the Parasound 5250v2 but im going to use it for the Master Bedroom. I purchased a Anthem A5 cause I got a great deal on one. I agree with keeping the RS-62 they (ever since I have re run mcacc and placed the seating position up a little ) sound excellent. I have gone through lots of subs over the years as well started with klipsch computer speakers and a kw100 sub then got the RW10d Loved this sub by the way. Then moved up to the RT12 d and was on the fence about that one. Finally I took the plunge and purchased 4 KW-120s and I remember the first time I put those bad boys on and I was literally Jaw Dropped. Lol. I have heard many subs including dual SVS PB ultra 13 which was close but when you have 4 of those THX subs with 2 KA-1000s you are just in awe at the power. Ever since I repositioned these and took ppls advice I get deep excellent bass for music and when you put on a some bluray films they are just astounding. I still love the 83s dont get me wrong I have just personally always wanted the RF-7s and at the time didnt get them when I purchased the 83s. Now that I have the room and money for them im looking to grab the newer RF7s or Upgrade to Palladium p 37 or 38s. I havent seen many for sale anywhere other than klipschs website. To be fair I have never listened to them but would def. want to demo them before buying. Im going to do some hard research and audio listening sessions over the next month before purchasing new Mains and New Center.

Ok I need some klipsch people reassurance. I am also a member on audioholics and a few members told me RF-83s I have are way too big for my room and listening area. Im seriously about to make the purchase on the RF-7iis but want a few people to give me some insight. Its not a terribly big room but was a decent sized one as a designated theater room only. I have since put up 5 acoustic panels from ATS (love them by the way) and I have always loved the large 83s. Are the RF-7s not a good choice for my other speakers and room size etc?

I sit 13from the television and they are spread out about 14 from each other.

The room is 23 wide 9 high.

Need some Klpsch Holic Help here lol.

Ok I need some klipsch people reassurance. I am also a member on audioholics and a few members told me RF-83s I have are way too big for my room and listening area.

I know forum members that have Klipschorns in their bedrooms. If those aren't too big for a 16 x 18 bedroom, I know RF-83's or RF-7II's won't be too big for a 23 wide room. I don't think you can really get too big for a room(unless they don't fit through the door) but too small for a room you can.

Bill

• Moderators

My room is 13' x 19' with 10' ceilings and the RF-83's are definitely not too large for my room. With that said, my son has a pair of RF-7's in his bedroom (probably 11' x 11') and I do think they do not open up to their full potential since you are typically sitting 6' from them. With that said....they totally rock his little room. [:D]