K 402 k 69 specs

juniper8

I was wondering if someone could post the specs of these? I was lucky enough, to purchase a pair from forum member Mrtie. It was a hard decision, especially after some of the comments, that Craig NOS made, but the church of Coytee, may have One The BATTLE.. the fight isn't over I hear Maron hornsak in the back of my head whispering, there is some unfinished business here... Looking to use these in a Onken cabinets.... with dual woofers....

When you say specs, what are you looking for? Dimensions? PEQ's for (in my case) the active? Crossover point?

Here's a thought for you.... you've undoubtedly heard my comments (perhaps as well as other owners of the Warthogs) and you've seen the comments of others who have also seen and perhaps heard them.

Once you get them, make your own mind up and make your thoughts known.

I'm personally happy to own a couple Plug Ugly Warthogs [Y]

I was wondering if someone could post the specs of these? I was lucky enough, to purchase a pair from forum member Mrtie. It was a hard decision, especially after some of the comments, that Craig NOS made, but the church of Coytee, may have One The BATTLE.. the fight isn't over I hear Maron hornsak in the back of my head whispering, there is some unfinished business here... Looking to use these in a Onken cabinets.... with dual woofers....

I have owned every Klipsch, JBL, and EV have ever made. The K402 trumps them all. I even testd it with JBL and EV drivers.........some of the latest and it ouperforms the JBL 2360a (the prior winner until I got 402's).

• Moderators

The 2360 design was not ment for home use,,neither is the 402...My argument was really about useing that 69 driver,,the TAD is much better(less EQ)

I heard a big difference with the TAD myself, better all the way around, the problem I had was the price, I almost fainted . [:$][:(]

Considering everything I will stick with the K69's.

• Moderators

I was wondering if someone could post the specs of these? I was lucky enough, to purchase a pair from forum member Mrtie. It was a hard decision,

It was not be a hard decision for me, and a few years later it's still the best change I made, easily, especially after comparing it in the same room with LaScalas, Cornwall lll's, Forte ll's, and original models, well every speaker I have had.

Thanks guys for all your help, Coytee is going to send me a bunch of info on the K-402, K-69... I just hope this horn will work with an Onken W cabinet....This will just be a test cab with dual 15"s, in an approximately a 22 cubic foot box, heavely braced , in a three way configuration. Hoping to make it an "all American build" with Klipsch, Altec, and JBL parts. If any of you have an interest, a French build of this cabinet can be found at , Melaudia remontage caissons onken W. Thanks again!!!

• Moderators

If the Onken W is fine to the crossover point I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Kind of a simple design, shouldn't be hard to make, i can see why it needs good bracing.

Kind of the same idea as this but bigger and more square, which may help with deeper bass ?

post-11804-13819827690062_thumb.jpg