Centre channel for jubilee's

Turbox

Im with Cask, I think you could easily use something like a Jubscala. How is the 3 way Jub vs the 2 way, have you tried that, I would even consider a 3 way Jubscala.

Im using the 3 way Jubilee, in a fully passive mode. Its good, but the crossover needs work. I like it. Still messing with moving to bi-amping the Jubilee's. im getting another crown xti1000 soon, that will be three. Found one close to me for $250. Im not in that big of a hurry. It always seems to be a progression. My goal first is to get the right gear. I've been buying one or two pieces per year. It took me two years to get my Jubilee's. Once I have all the right gear, then I will get into the technical details of dialling everything in. Oh, and then I need a horn loaded sub(Tuba).

Edited by Turbox

• Moderators

Is it this the one ?............. click to enlarge for some reason it shows up small here

You give a new meaning to screenshot! ;)

Screenshot, the easy way without touching the keyboard. Ok the truth is, it's the only way I know how, :o

• Moderators

Is it this the one ?............. click to enlarge for some reason it shows up small here

Dtel, this is an interesting plot for sure. I like what I see there.

So this plot shows a 2 way Jubilee with a 402/K69A VS and 2 way MWM with a 402/K69A. What are the crossover frequencies for both? Do you have a plot of just the MWM, that shows the frequency response only, im looking to see what the cutoff frequency is of the MWM?

At the very least this confirms my understanding. I can use the MWM with a combination of items I already have. I know that the 402 would likely be ideal, but again, height is an issue. I will try my 510 with K69A, which might be the best compromise in the short term..

Maybe this isn't so far fetched after all?

That's the only one I have, it's the original standard crossover point for both, actually that was the very first time the MWM bin was put with the 402 horn.

I didn't know it at the time but it was a very good day for me, later that day my wife and daughter heard that combination and said that's what we want. :) I thought they were kidding considering the size, I was happily wrong.

It looks like the doubles were the originals, and the singles were made later, after customer complaints about the size and weight of the doubles.

Islander,

The singles are also more rare because at least half or more of all MWM / MCM setups were for movie theatres and the singles cost a thousand dollars more. No need to buy expensive singles for speakers that will remain stationary for decades. :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

• Moderators

When you say it's the original standard crossover point for both. Exactly what is that? 450Hz-500Hz?

It's been a long time, I don't remember I was thinking 400, easily could be wrong, I am sure others will know. Sorry but I don't tinker I just follow direction from much smarter people to get the results ! :)

The Jubilee-K402 has an acoustic crossover point of 500Hz.

If you look at the active settings for the later versions the crossover set points are different for the LF and K402 because there are PEQ filters used in combination with the crossover point settings to gain an even steeper roll-off rate than the 24db linkwitz-riley set point in the programs. Again the acoustical crossover point is still maintained at 500Hz with these later programs.

Here is a link to the 2012 cinema brochure if you haven't seen it which shows the KPT MWM LF specs of

40Hz-450Hz +/-4db and 35Hz-500Hz -10db .

http://images.klipsch.com/Cinema_Series_-_Brochure_-_v03_(1)_635180386235328000.pdf

miketn

post-12368-0-49180000-1384151305_thumb.j

Edited by mikebse2a3