Acurus A200FIVE 200x5 Amplifier on Ebay------$400.00 BIN

willland

How would this compare to something like an Emotiva XPA-5? Anyone had experience with both?

I have no direct comparison between the XPA-5 and the A200FIVE. I have owned the Emotiva UPA-2(125w/ch) and the Acurus A150(150w/ch) and A-B'd them with Heresys, Quartets and RB-5's and the A150 was better in all regards, in my opinion. More open, better bass drive, more detailed. That is my limited experience with both brands side by side.

Bill

I would take the Acurus all day over the Emotiva. I tried a XPA-5 and returned it. Nice amp, but if you're using high efficiency speakers (Klipsch) it's a bit noisy. It has a high gain which gives you that hiss out of the horns. I never owned an Acurus, but I had a Aragon. Aragon and Acurus were both made by Mondial and are said to have the same sound. I thoroughly enjoyed my Aragon. Just my .02

Sold.

Haha, I just read the relisted price change of $400 and said to myself " I have no use for this right now but ill buy it for that price".....then I scrolled down and saw your "sold". Oh well.

It was definitely getting down to the "I don't need it but at that price I can't pass it up" territory.