rf -82's

steck

why do i see so many for sale ?? they are everywhere ? and alot are only used a couple months...

jus wondering

If I had to take a stab at it, I would say upgrade fever has set in.

At one time, your big box stores only carried a couple of Klipsch Reference towers with the RF-82 being the top dog you could demo and buy without special ordering the RF-63's or RF-83's. With used prices of the 63's and 83's and RF-7's for that matter being very reasonable, now that buyer can purchase either of them for near or better than they could buy the RF-82's just a few years ago.

The RF-82's are great speakers that came in at a pretty affordable price point. They were the "best bang for the buck" tower speakers in the Reference line.

Bill

Hi Steck

I just bought a pair of used 82's a little over a month ago...... The pair I bought were a couple of years old. The guy who sold me mine was up grading into a pair of ADAM pro monitors. Im happy with mine so far. They have gotten me a bit crazy about audio though. In a month and a half I've brought home 2 different av receivers only to return them both after having them long enough to get real familar with the sound of the set up. In both cases I was pretty sure the receivers weren't allowing the speakers to voice themselves as well as I felt they could. I ended up pairing them with a used emotiva umc-1 and a couple of adcom 2535 amps and Im finally happy with the results...... for now;)

I bought a pair new for $600 it was not long till I decided to move on. I was lucky to have already been down the road of upgrading gear or could easily fall in to the trap of "needing" better this and that.We all have different taste but the 82 is no rf5, don't know why they could not just improve the 5?

Good to see you again JoshWink. The 82's are nice speakers.

Thanks, i havent posted here to much lately, and yes the RF-82's are GREAT , for HT , and to my ears they are about the same as my RF-62's, but when listening to music, with the speakers set to LARGE, thats when the RF-82's beat the RF-62's....