K 402 k 69 depth

juniper8

I was wondering if someone could tell me the depth of the k-402/ 69 combo. From what i have read, and correct me if I am wrong, the width is just under 40" the height is 25 1/2. I need the depth from the front horn lip to the back of the K-69 for shipping purposes. Also, would it be best to ship with the sleds on or off ? Thanks for any advice.

I would consider bolting a piece of plywood to the face of teh horn through its mounting holes to add support. It's just an injection molded part and is brittle. Also, with the weight of a driver on the back, if it is laying on its face it adds risk.

Just trying to help.

Mine were shipped to my house from Klipsch fully assembled sitting on the skids they are mounted to. Shipped upright in other words.

Thank you all, I recently received a phone call from MrTie, the seller of these fine units. He most graciously with his father, I might add, in two cars, took the "butt uglies" or the snout of the "hog" to fed ex... they rejected the horns... not at one location but at two... This is after, I had a confirmation on price, and packing, from both their corporate, and a local affliate..... They looked at them and said no way....... I need another shipping option, and I am fervently looking...... any suggestions for shipping and packing places, in the saginaw michigan area, would be great... there just seems to be very few in this area..