Polk Lsim 707 Set vs Klipsch Rf-7 set 5.1

ryder

Hey guys i really need a help about home cinema..i have JL f113 subwoofer; Krell tas Power 5x200 and Onkyo 5509 processor..

I think to buy Polk 707 front ,706c center and 702fx surround or Klipsch Rf-7 front ,Rc 64 center and Rs-62 surround..

Which set i need to buy for mostly movie and multichannel concert..

Really need help tell me which one better and why

ty

The Polks are great speakers in their own right, however if you are looking for that dynamic concert like sound, Klipsch is hard to beat without paying much much more. I have the klipsch system you are after, and I can tell you first hand that it does not disappoint. And with the amp and you have to drive them with and the sub to accompany also, you'll have one heck of a system!

Hey guys i really need a help about home cinema..i have JL f113 subwoofer; Krell tas Power 5x200 and Onkyo 5509 processor..

I think to buy Polk 707 front ,706c center and 702fx surround or Klipsch Rf-7 front ,Rc 64 center and Rs-62 surround..

Which set i need to buy for mostly movie and multichannel concert..

Really need help tell me which one better and why

Ty,

You are in a quandry. Those Polk Audios are nice and have received wonderful reviews. The build quality looks to be top shelf.

On the other hand, the RF7's have horns and the dynamics are tough to beat, especially at their price point. Your Krell amp will barely be breaking a sweat and your JL Audio sub will easily mate up with the RF-7's dynamics.

The Polks may be a little smoother and better suited for studio recorded music, while the Klipsch will really bring out the "live" performance of concert videos.

IMO, RF-7's for performance/cost ratio, LSiM 717's for drop dead gorgeous looks. I'm a Klipsch guy so I will 9/10 times pick the Klipsch.

I don't know what a realistic price point you can get the Polk Audios for but I am sure not as good a price as the RF-7II package.

Bill

Ty,

I just took a look over at the Polk forum and most suggestions there mirror what Viper and I are saying here on the Klipsch forum. I was a bit surprised how objective the suggestions were on the Polk forum. We all have our biases but seem to agree quite a bit.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?144402-Polk-Lsim-707-Set-vs-Klipsch-Rf-7-set-5.1&p=1879693

Bill

• Moderators

As a former Polk owner, my first home theater was Polk RT-800 ($800), CS300 ($350) and FX500 ($500). Although this setup was not Polk's top end setup, I loved it for movies.....that was until I purchased a pair of Klipsch CF-2's (not Klipsch's high end speaker). I honestly could not believe how much more detailed the Klipsch were. I was hearing things for the first time from my speakers. Paired with a Harman Karmon receiver, music instruments were very distinct and separated. I fell in love and immediately sold my Polk setup and have never looked back.

I know you are asking in a Klipsch forum and we are indeed biased but I feel we are biased for a reason. In my search for the right Klipsch speakers, I did stop by an A/V store and demo their LSi series (not the model you are considering) and at the time, they were Polk's top end and after owning the CF-2's, I still was not as impressed with the LSi as I was with my Klipsch.

Best suggestion I can give you is to try and locate somewhere where you can hear Klipsch sound and Polk sound (probably going to be at different locations) and you decide what your ears prefer. I myself love the liveliness, clarity and detail that Klipsch speakers provide. You can't go wrong with the RF-7 series. I know I love mine.

seems build quality of polks much better than klipsch..klipsch seems a cheap little bit ..thats my idea..cant listen them

Last year i had klipsch thx 2 ultra set but sold it so many diffrence between klipsch thx 2 ultra and rf 7 set which one better for movie

seems build quality of polks much better than klipsch..klipsch seems a cheap little bit ..thats my idea

Maybe not much better but a little better? I think the new RF-7II are definitely more elegant than the original RF-7 but still brawny and agressive looking. The Polks definitely have a more expensive high end look to them.

Last year i had klipsch thx 2 ultra set but sold it so many diffrence between klipsch thx 2 ultra and rf 7 set which one better for movie

So which did you prefer, the THX Ultra 2 or the RF-7's?

Bill

seems build quality of polks much better than klipsch..klipsch seems a cheap little bit ..thats my idea..cant listen them

Maybe it's the room and not the speakers. Size, treatments, placement..........etc........?

Edit: Scratch that.......just saw your set up [:o]

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/145920.aspx?PageIndex=1

I love my RF7-II's for movies but have never heard the THX 2 Ultra's. I can't imagine that the Rf7's would be better than the Ultra's for movies as that was what they were designed for. I really think you would be making a lateral move at best if not downgrading if you went to the 7's

Maybe you should look into the heritage series (La Scalas, Khorns,etc.) or just move away entirely from horns as they may not suit your ears.

Wow can't listen to them! I have never heard that comment about the Ultra 2's

What speakers have you heard that you did like?

I have heard many different speakers B&w's, Polks, Maggies, KEF, etc all different and all good( I know not all speakers sound good) but I prefer Klipsch.

I have owned and/or heard many different Klipsch (THX, Heritage, Legend ,etc.) and liked them all but of course some more than others.

I recently heard the RF7's and own the Ultra 2's and since you are asking strictly about movies and based on your comment I doubt you will like them. I really liked them a lot! but still prefer my Ultra 2's for movies in my room. If I had to choose between the two it would be based on several factors, enviroment , budget, movie/music ratio etc.

As I am not familiar with those specific Polks I went over to the Polk forum and read their comments and several there chose the Klipsch for Movies as well.Talk about some classy and honest opinions.

The only Klipsch line I could even think of to suggest you try would be the large Heritage(KHorns, Belle's,LaScala's) they are big with big sound.

My favorite type of movies might be different than yours.Neither one of us is wrong just different ! So the reason I asked what speakers you liked is so you can get opinions from people with similar tastes. That would help you narrow down your choices before you go out for auditions.

Good luck in your quest but I doubt you will find your answers here , as I know many people here prefer one line or specific model over another but I doubt very many that enjoy Klipsch speakers enough to spend time on the forum would be of the same opinion if they heard the Ultra 2 system. They might think there are better Klipsch options or they might have issue with the price but I doubt they would say they 'cant listen them"

tomorrow will demo rf 7 set and Polk lsim 707 set will buy one of them ..hope will make right move

That's the 2nd best thing to do.[Y] The best would be to listen to them in your own room but sometimes that is easier said than done. Good luck with your decision and let us know how it all works out.

I am routing for the RF-7iis I actually owned Polk speakers a long time ago and I did like them but I wasnt as into home theater as I am now. I have never owned the RF-7 (first generation or the iis) but I did have the RF-42 and RF-83s and have always wanted a pair of RF-7s. I have demoed the RF-7iis about 2 weeks ago and man they are dynamic and powerful/drop dead georgeous. I am a little biased but I hope you choose what is best for you. Ill be checking back with everyone else to see what you decided with.

Cmon RF-7iis Win this guy over!!