Heresy for $300 in Tampa

Youthman

I am going to go by and take a look at them. Anything in particular you guys think I should look for? The guys says the cabs are pretty beat up, but they sound great. Should I try to haggle price? (Price seems pretty decent as is.) Any advice would be very helpful, I'm still very new at all this! [:)]

those are rough I would not pay his asking price too much work to bring them back. You can build new cabinets with a sheet of ply Make them out of Baltic Birch and they will look and sound like a million bucks, brace then up well. You can buy used parts here for not so much. Set up some Google Alerts and jump on a good pair at a great price there are lots out there. Just my 2 cents. Best regards Moray James.

I am going to go by and take a look at them. Anything in particular you guys think I should look for? The guys says the cabs are pretty beat up, but they sound great. Should I try to haggle price? (Price seems pretty decent as is.) Any advice would be very helpful, I'm still very new at all this! Smile

Those are definitely beaters with a missing grill (so much dust it could not have a grill on it, the other one is filthy with no badge and looks like the dust on it has molded due to some humidity) . . . And not hooked up to anything. Take a receiver and speaker wire with you . . . Audition to make sure the internals work at least. No grills and beater cabs . . . Also, take a Phillips screwdriver along to take the backs off to make sure all original . . . I have seen some Frankensteined stuff with the backs off, but also have seen some beaters all original and working inside. Even if they are all original and working inside, you still have rough cabs with a missing grill and missing badge on the one grill . . . Could be a good opportunity to do your first refinish . . . Remember, the grills will cost. There is no way I,would pay anywhere near $300 for those . . . There are simply, with a little patience, too many great sets, beautiful plug and play ready, that come up in the $300-$400 range and which have been cared for. On these, you should be able to tell if the will clean up when you get close. definitely not cared for, but, if the price is right (lower than $300) and not any water damage under the dust, could turn into an OK buy. You never know until you get there, audition, take the backs off, and make a lower offer. Good luck.