Klipsch, Detroit Bohemian & now MOG

DizRotus

Working at the computer on a Saturday afternoon is made tolerable by my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, a bottle of Detroit Brewing Company Bohemian beer and Pandora playing a Buffalo Springfield station, which is a great mix for my 64 y.o. ears.

EDIT: After reading another thread about MOG, I'm streaming that. The sounds is nice, too soon to comment convenience or value.

The beer is very good, better than it's namesake Stroh's Bohemian. It's a ligtht Pilsner, but not wimpy like the mass market beers, but not as robust as a darker beer either. According to the label, the Detroit Brewing Company is in Whitmore Lake, MI (near Ann Arbor).

Layla is playing now.

wow a 64 year old head banging liquor drinking audiophile computer savy ...say is that a bong in the corner? ha is that a hi rez file you are playing? I want to make the jump to a computer based source but have not found a setup I can afford which sounds as good as playing CD's or playing records. I wonder what they will let me have in the old folks home. I still have my Stax in ear loudspeakerssi I should be able to get away with those. Thanks for posting. Best regards from a 57 year old bangin drinkin rockin audiophile Moray James.

The beer is very good, better than it's namesake Stroh's Bohemian. It's a ligtht Pilsner, but not wimpy like the mass market beers, but not as robust as a darker beer either. According to the label, the Detroit Brewing Company is in Whitmore Lake, MI (near Ann Arbor).

Layla is playing now.

We used to get Stroh's down here, but I have not seen it is quite a while. However, I'm going to try and find a 6 pack of Detroit Bohemian. When I do, I'll report back and give you a Texas perspective on what sounds like a tasty brew.

Stroh's is available again around here, but it's not "fire brewed" in Detroit like in the day. Miller acquired it years ago, which was then absorbed by UK based SABMiller. The Stroh family are clients of mine; nice people, but no longer in the beer or ice cream businesses.

Which is why I try to buy local brews from the local market (also a client).

I look forward to your review.

Attached is a photo (circa '69) of the day I loaded the frat house Coke machine with Stroh's. PBR and Stroh's long necks were $3.27/case. The Coke machine sold 10 oz. soft drinks (pop in Michigan) for $0.10/bottle. By putting an empty bottle between each beer bottle, we sold cold beer for $0.20/bottle. I think it might have been illegal.

I'm the one sampling the product. I don't know why that guy's holding my elbow, must be the injury under the band-aid.

Stroh's is available again around here, but it's not "fire brewed" in Detroit like in the day. Miller acquired it years ago, which was then absorbed by UK based SABMiller. The Stroh family are clients of mine; nice people, but no longer in the beer or ice cream businesses.

Which is why I try to buy local brews from the local market (also a client).

I look forward to your review.

Attached is a photo (circa '69) of the day I loaded the frat house Coke machine with Stroh's. PBR and Stroh's long necks were $3.27/case. The Coke machine sold 10 oz. soft drinks (pop in Michigan) for $0.10/bottle. By putting an empty bottle between each beer bottle, we sold cold beer for $0.20/bottle. I think it might have been illegal.

I'm the one sampling the product. I don't know why that guy's holding my elbow, must be the injury under the band-aid.

Great photo... We did the same thing when I was in college in Austin.

I found a coke machine at a yard sale and managed to get it to my apartment. I converted it to a beer machine (I did keep all the original parts) and the rest is history. By the way, I still have the machine and it works. I have it out on my back patio.....

DSC_0082-2.jpg?t=1346076754

• Moderators

Great picture to have for memories, probably was illegal. I do remember Stroh's well and it was cheap, but pretty good, from what I remember .