83 Corns are gone -- already have seller's remorse

SBinLilRock

Well, I sold my 83 Cornwalls over the weekend. I am gonna miss those cane grills. I still have my 87 Cornwalls (black grills). The plan is to also sell the 87's and find some khorns.

I did have another thought though . I ran across some new b-stock cornwall III's that I could probably get for about the same amount I will pay for a nice set of khorns. So, the question is new cornwalls vs. old khorns. There's something about new crisp clean speakers coming in factory sealed boxes [:D]. Has anyone listened to cornwall III's. I just wonder how they sound compared to older cornwalls and older klipschorns.

if you want khorns go for them. don't settle. that would be what i'd do.

however, that assumes being available for a bit of work to check out the khorns and possibly replace caps in the crossovers. to me, it's well worth the trouble.

if you don't want to bother with that, new Cornwall 3's are very nice.

• Moderators

DTEL has a set of Cornwall IIIs. He and his wife won them at one of the Kipsch pilgrimages. A new set of speakers WOULD be nice.

Bruce

Hey there Marvel they picked my name to win not my wife's. [:o] I know even if I did think like that I would really own one according to the law, I better just be quiet and be able to listen to the pair. [Y]

user_IsOffline.gifSBinLilRock

The Cornwall lll's are a great speakers but no matter what you do it's not the same sound as a Khorn.

If you have 2 good corners I would say get khorns.

Remember the LaScala and Khorn use a different mid horn than the Cornwall of Heresy, to me that's the biggest difference, and the Khorn has more bass than the LaScala.

Yea, I should probably stick with my original plan. I have two "o.k." corners--they're not ideal. One wall is great but the other wall has a window. Both corners are the same.

I am a little on the fence about it. Plus, I'll have to wait until the right khorns become available, or I can get the new CW III's right now. I probably need to just be patient and enjoy my 87 CW's until a good set of kh come along at the right price.

Yea, I should probably stick with my original plan. I have two "o.k." corners--they're not ideal. One wall is great but the other wall has a window. Both corners are the same.

I am a little on the fence about it. Plus, I'll have to wait until the right khorns become available, or I can get the new CW III's right now. I probably need to just be patient and enjoy my 87 CW's until a good set of kh come along at the right price.

Patience paid off for me in K-horn currency . . . And you already have a set of Cornwalls . . . Yours may not be IIIs, but they are Cornwalls . . . but the IIIs will never be K-horns . . . Just sayin'. ;-)