Do you enjoy milk? Before long you may want to think twice!!!

tube fanatic

Why in the heßß would sugar or anything be added to milk??

If you check out most of the items sold in grocery stores, sugar is almost always added. Makes it hard from us 'low carb" dieters... lol..

Why in the heßß would sugar or anything be added to milk??

If you check out most of the items sold in grocery stores, sugar is almost always added. Makes it hard from us 'low carb" dieters... lol..

Please do not do this. You will lose weight on a low carb diet because they are structured to restrict calories. You can also lose weight eating Big Macs and beer if you keep your calories low. But the low carb diets force your body into prolonged keytosis. Here is a wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

Processed carbs like sugar and pasta will also make you fat, but there are plenty of other carbs that are very good for you.

Please read the book that was referenced, "The China Study." You can burn it when you are done if you do not agree and prefer the low carb plan, but at least you will have the information. Get it from the library, it will not cost you a cent. It is not a diet book, but instead presents a significant amount of worldwide research (instead of just research on western diets).

You can also lose weight eating Big Macs and beer if you keep your calories low.

That's true. I restricted to about 1,200 - 1,500 calories a day for about 3 months one time and lost about 30 pounds or so. Counting calories is really the way to go, but.... it sucks feeling hungry all the time. I have since put the 30 pounds back on.

You can also lose weight eating Big Macs and beer if you keep your calories low.

That's true. I restricted to about 1,200 - 1,500 calories a day for about 3 months one time and lost about 30 pounds or so. Counting calories is really the way to go, but.... it sucks feeling hungry all the time. I have since put the 30 pounds back on.

That is no fun. Being hungry is miserable and there is no such thing as a "quick diet" that works. You either eat right or you do not. I completely changed my diet in my mid 20's and eliminated (or reduced to almost nothing) all of the items that I thought were bad for me, and have stuck to it for 17 years so far. It is the only thing that works.

Your taste will also significantly change. I love cheesecake, carrot cake and ice cream, but almost never eat those things. But I love fresh fruit and eat it every day. It taste like candy to me.

It never ceases to amaze me that when 100 or more countries have concluded that a certain chemical, pesticide, food "additive" and so on is dangerous, and ban them as a result, we are told that these things are perfectly safe.

I don't want to sound like I am picking on anyone or pointing out weight issues, as I have been blessed with good genes for a fairly trim body, and haven't had to fight to keep my weight in line.

However... if you spend some time in another country (spent some time in the Ireland, Philippines, China...) and then fly back into the U.S., you notice something very quickly when you get home. I can't help but think our diet has a LOT to do with it.

You're right about that. A neighbour of mine travelled to the south Pacific a few years ago. He and his wife were amazed to see the difference in body shapes between the residents of Samoa and the residents of American Samoa. The Samoans were healthy- and athletic-looking, while the American Samoans were mostly overweight.

It's not all diet in this case. The local culture associates large body size with wealth and power, which is more immediately perceived than long-term health problems. The "body bulk shows prosperity" concept is held by a number of cultures that until recently were undernourished, so it could be quite a few generations before a healthy body size (not too large, not too small) is seen as desirable by them.

I just did a Google search and did not see such a difference between the two Samoas, but it did show that American Samoa has the greatest incidence of obesity of any nation in the world, at over 93%, and it's sometimes described as the possible future situation of many wealthy nations.

That is no fun. Being hungry is miserable and there is no such thing as a "quick diet" that works. You either eat right or you do not. I completely changed my diet in my mid 20's and eliminated (or reduced to almost nothing) all of the items that I thought were bad for me, and have stuck to it for 17 years so far. It is the only thing that works.

Your taste will also significantly change. I love cheesecake, carrot cake and ice cream, but almost never eat those things. But I love fresh fruit and eat it every day. It taste like candy to me.

One more bite.... Mr Creosote