FOR SALE Mcintosh MC-252 and C-45 SOLD

bizzle2525

Let's sum up: Tom is an a$$, I can't read, and iRONic is a knucklehead. Is there anything else of substance you would like to contribute?

Yes. We should welcome new members here and be more tolerant of their questions and empathetic of their personal situation.

By the way, a couple of weeks ago I learned from a good friend of many years that he had inoperable cancer. It was quite unexpected and shocking news. I am optimistic for a good outcome for him, just as I am for you.

Keith

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoa... take a chill pill, Keith. If you're so darn omniscient about what others were gonna post after you did logic would lead me to believe they aren't the knuckleheads.

There's no logic involved.

Keith

That was painfully obvious from the get go, Keith.

I appreciate that Keith. How about we give this one a rest, you good with that? I'm sorry about your friend. The damned disease is everywhere - it's almost as common as the common cold.

My friend was one month from retirement when he got the news. Over the last couple of years I spent more time with him working than I spent with my wife. You learn a lot about people when their limits are tested. But what can you say. Helpful words seem elusive. I guess all a person can do is to try to remain optimistic and to regularly exercise a sense of humor.

Good luck to you.

Keith

You get to a point where the thought of dying isn't all that scary anymore, you actually reach a point of acceptance with it. What tears at you more than anything is knowing you have to say to goodbye to everyone. So, I would say that all words are helpful words, and a friend willing to hang with you while you're heading out has a lot of value. Colter came up and saw me towards the end of the chemo and radiation. I think I lasted less than two hours before I felt like passing out - but that short visit meant a lot to me.