Black Academy for sale

edster00

I found an Academy a few weeks ago and gave it a spin in my HT setup. It doesn't match the rest of my RF-3 speakers sonically, and "she who must be obeyed" says it is too big to continue to reside in the entertainment center.

I am offering it here before it goes on the auction block at ebay. I bought this from the original owner and it is in excellent condition. There are no marks or scratches to the finish that I can find, except on the bottom because the guy I bought it from didn't use anything under it (it evidently didn't come with feet). I used some home made feet so I could angle it down toward the listening position. The speaker has the black finish, and the grill is perfect. I have the original packing material and I also found a slightly larger box so I can double box it for safe shipping.

If you are interested shoot me an email at edster00@mindspring.com

Folks,

FYI, I'm the guy who purchased the Academy from Ed. Since this site is not primarily geared towards buying and selling, there's no place to provide public feedback when transactions occur between board members. Nonetheless, I think it's important to recognize the high quality folks amongst us. I have had the opportunity to make a number of acquaintances as a result of this board, and each person I've met or dealt with is an outstanding individual. Ed is no exception. It was a pleasure conducting the transaction with him, and the Academy is in even better condition than he let on. In addition, if Ed ever decides to start his own shipping business, I'm his first customer - the packing job was first rate. Ed is a true asset to our little Klipsch on-line community. Thanks again Ed! cwm30.gif

Now I only wished I lived closer to Atlanta so I could hear those K-horns and Moondogs in action!

Regards,

Colin

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 06-28-2002 at 03:20 PM

Thanks Mike! Given the the extremely positive transactions amongst us all, I hold guys like you, Edster and JHawk as members of the Klipsch elite. cwm30.gif

C

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 06-28-2002 at 03:38 PM

Colin-

Many thanks for the kind words. It sounds like Ed's speaker is in about the same condition as my parent's walnut Academy; virtually gleaming. Now I kinda wish I had taken him up on that offer, but I'll just do some touch-ups on mine and call it good. Don't think the wife would understand getting another Academy just for a better finish...

Speaking of Mike and Chorus IIs, I am almost done with the review...anybody know how I can attach the pics to my post??

quote:

Originally posted by jhawk92:

Speaking of Mike and Chorus IIs, I am almost done with the review...anybody know how I can attach the pics to my post??

email me, i will send you a tutorial. klipschter@yahoo.com

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I'll also say that Ed is a first rate seller and member of the forum. I recently purchased a Chorus pair from him - plus I got to hear the Khorns/MoondogsSmile.gif It's people like him that make this forum what it is. I would most certainly buy from him again.

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains) - Klipsch Academy (center channel) - Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Krell Home Theater Standard processor - Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

Bass Kit: 2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets - Crown CE 1000 amplifier - Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources: Pioneer DV-333 - 2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks - General Instruments cable box - Panasonic VHS PV-4459 - Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>