Run away sub

McMiRA

Im with Youthman. All 4 of my subs are 90lbs and I used to have 2 stacked on 2 and they never moved. Hey youthman doesnt placing them side by side also yield 3db gain? Thats what I heard from some other members a while ago. I noticed with mine all 4 in a row under the display they had the deepest and most even bass. When I had them stacked in the 2 front right corners months ago they produced awkward bass and room response probably due to their being way to much and room nodes. Just curious if you can achieve the 3db with them placed side by side about 2-3 inches apart

I noticed a difference in port locations on the subs as well as speakers for effectiveness. The front firing slot port on both the THX subs and THX speakers make a considerable difference I the sound that is heard and felt. The same went for the front ports on the SVS ultra 13s. the front ports just sound great now that I have been giving them all test runs. I owned the synergy 12 sub, Dual RT12ds, RSW 10d, etc and I just like that slot of air so far on my Mains and Subs.

The big advantage of front ports is placement. You don't have to worry about the distance to the wall like a rear port sub. MichaelKlipsch, I would not be surprise if you have more than 6-9 + db gain with 4 subs. I think I can feel the rumble here in the midwest from your system, lol.

Hey youthman doesn’t placing them side by side also yield 3db gain?

I'm not Youthman but here is what happened in my room. I un-stacked my Empires and put them side by side and lost a ton of bass, so much that it was sad, very sad. I left it like that for about a month and then finally took the time to stack them again and BAM, in your face, more bass than anyone could ever need. So in my room with Empires, stacked is amazing, side by side they seem to almost cancel each other out.

Vital that is so interesting. Goes to show that every room behaves differently. When I had my stacked they worked well when I had 2 stacked but when I added the other 2 stacked they canceled each other out it seemed. When I put all 4 side by side in a row front and center I got that deep absurd chest punching bass you speak of. I guess rooms are the major player in this. hmm maybe I should have stacked 4 all the way to the ceiling in 1 spot of the room lol. that would have just looked weird. It took a while playing with the room before I started construction but ended up with the best results in their location now.

Vital that is so interesting. Goes to show that every room behaves differently. When I had my stacked they worked well when I had 2 stacked but when I added the other 2 stacked they canceled each other out it seemed. When I put all 4 side by side in a row front and center I got that deep absurd chest punching bass you speak of. I guess rooms are the major player in this. hmm maybe I should have stacked 4 all the way to the ceiling in 1 spot of the room lol. that would have just looked weird. It took a while playing with the room before I started construction but ended up with the best results in their location now.

Yes I think the room plays a major part and the type of sub as well. I think the fact that my Empires have 15's firing out of both sides makes it a little more difficult to sit them next to each other as well.

Vital, when I setup my Epik Legend, I could not figure which way the sub should face with the side loaded drivers. In my room, no real difference but, I face the driver firing into the room and the other driver toward the wall. The bass is not boomy most likely because it is a sealed sub.