1990 LaScalas up for sale

wayoutback

Emailed him and his cell does not work at home. My cell does not work well at home. Hell we may be neighbors, yet to find out.

Plan to try to get together and check them out.

Thinking Khorns and La Scalas would make an OK surround sound with a sub. One La Scalas between Khorns and two in the back. While Keeping one for a spare?

Maz and Taz looking at the same speakers, LOL. Taz is probably less than 10 minutes from the OP if I had to guess.

I figure maybe a gallon of fuel to check them out. Beats the cost of shipping from Texas. Not saying I wouldn't do that again though. :)

They are just too darn big and prominent. She did comment how movies are not quite the same without them. Our house is small and we don't listen to music all that much anymore. I was probably more dramatic than I needed to be. If I really pressed she would acquiesce but she is the one who is in the house all the time. I'm just gone working all the time.

wayoutback,

I think you've got good instincts in your decision. There are some things more important than speakers.

In our house there is no man cave or space that is just 'mine.' When you really share space with another person consensus is important.

Having 'my way' is nearly not as important as having my wife's respect.

Daddy Dee hit the nail on the head, I think. I was once confronted with the question "Would you rather be happy or be right?" Most domestic battles are just not worth fighting. You could put a pretty nice HT together with Heresys, a small sub and reasonably sized center if you wish. Best of luck and, perhaps most of all, peace!! Chuck

• Like 1

I'd figure a way to put both up front as Centers; tried that once before, with poor results, but, don't think I did it correctly.

Good idea. I have a dolly that is just a little longer than 2 La Scala's. So I can move the center channels in to place when needed and out of the way when not using with ease.

Wife has already given her OK for surround sound down stairs.

Maz and Taz looking at the same speakers, LOL. Taz is probably less than 10 minutes from the OP if I had to guess.

Yep.  And after making the drive, we agreed to do business and I brought them home.  No Beauty Queens but since they were black lacquer it should work out.

SOLD          :P

• Like 1

Yep.  And after making the drive, we agreed to do business and I brought them home.  No Beauty Queens but since they were black lacquer it should work out.

Good deal, congrats. for that kind of scratch i was thinking about making the drive at the end of the month if they were still available, even though i have no use for them.

Just to give you an update there Taz:

My Oregon trips in the last two years have been =

Bandon = La Scala splits

Eugene = Chorus 1

Bandon = La Scallas

Medford = Bells

Yea I'm liking these short commutes to pick up speakers.  The one time I went to California I went to Atwater for Khorns.  Should have everything but the subs to make Heritage surround sound 

Congrats!!!  You know we gotta have pictures!

Good deal, congrats. for that kind of scratch i was thinking about making the drive at the end of the month if they were still available, even though i have no use for them.

Would of been about 6 mi round trip out of your way.