Hi, My Name is Steve, and I'm a Klipsch Addict

What’s wrong with these people? Maybe I should have turned on the amplifier.

[Y]

I have one son with a pair of Heresy speakers, the other is currently using JBL and has no money to get others. Actually, he was given the JBLs by the older brother.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's needed here are more tributes to the glory days of Realistic Speakers. Now there was sound!

Guilty as charged! Two of these little guys (Optimus) still serve as the rear channels of our living room's Pro-Logic 5.1 system for daily TV viewing. The front 3 channels are B&W LM (Liesure Monitor) Series and the sub is a Polk 10-inch. I call the system our "Heinz 57 Set-up"! lol -Glenn

post-10177-13819832566726_thumb.jpg

Apart from finding bargains and enjoying music played through these great speakers, what kind of interesting stories have you picked up along the way?

I ask because my first purchase of vintage speakers last fall brought me to Ball Ground, Georgia, where I bought a beautiful set of 1980 Heresys that had belonged to the owners father, Robert Moulson. I learned that Moulson (1932-2003) was a classical tenor who performed in operas and concerts in America and Europe from the late 1950s through the 1980s. He became associated with the role of Lenny Small in Carlisle Floyd's adaptation of Of Mice and Men. I dont know why he didnt own a pair of La Scalas or something but I can imagine Mr. Moulson enjoying all manner of music on his Klipschs, but particularly opera and the show tunes he loved to sing.

I now use the Heresys in my home theater set up. They are pictured in my avatar, with the flamingos on top. Somehow I just feel like I got more than just a pair of speakers.

What's needed here are more tributes to the glory days of Realistic Speakers. Now there was sound!

I was told once that that Cerwin Vega made many of the "upper end" speakers for Radio Shack. I have a pair of Mach II (or III's?) in the attic that should be in a room blasting away.