OPPO BDP-103 / BDP-105 Firmware Update

TasDom

Been there, done that, still have lip-sync issues with the cable box running through the OPPO.

Sorry to hear that but at least you can make adjustments now with the new "A/V Sync" implementation. I've had no issues but then again my Directv box is connected to my processor and not direct to the Oppo.

I was having a very hard time deciding whether to keep my 103 or not and then I did the firmware update and the player is 10 times worse than before. The A/V sync varies now from slightly off to so far off that the people's mouths are moving 2 to 3 words before or after the sound comes out. Also, the picture starts pausing and skipping every few frames. It even causes my HD-DVR to automatically display everything in 480p and the DVR won't let me change the resolution on the remote so every time we change the channel or start a new show on the list I have to walk over to the unit and change the resolution manually. Very frustrating!

I was having a very hard time deciding whether to keep my 103 or not and then I did the firmware update and the player is 10 times worse than before. The A/V sync varies now from slightly off to so far off that the people's mouths are moving 2 to 3 words before or after the sound comes out. Also, the picture starts pausing and skipping every few frames. It even causes my HD-DVR to automatically display everything in 480p and the DVR won't let me change the resolution on the remote so every time we change the channel or start a new show on the list I have to walk over to the unit and change the resolution manually. Very frustrating!

Clean you must have got a bad apple.

I do agree that the new FW update is a dud. From what people are saying on the AVS Forums, OPPO is very good at working things out. I had to forgo my 105 and go straight from the cable box to the TV the A/V Sync was so bad. I guess I need to buy a 3D Blu-ray to check that part out.