Can't believe that the Emotiva XMC is still "coming soon"!

kde

Oh wow, oops. Someone apparently resurrected a very old post and it got my hopes up. Sorry everyone.

Come to think of it, I did find it odd people were getting excited about the high-res front panel. I was kind of wondering how they were going to make a june/july release if that's all they had to show.

• 6 months later...

Maybe they are taking a page form Epik, the subwoofer company, lol.

Yeah that's a crazy situation over there at Epik, not sure what went wrong with those guys but it's obvious they messed up somehow with their money. It's a shame too because their subs were great for the money. I know everyone is high on the Seaton Submersive but there is no way a single Seaton is going to out play dual Empires and you could get dual Empires for quite a bit less than the Seaton, hence the reason I went with Empires and they have been flawless, no bad amps yet over here.

Back to Emotiva, I'm not sure what to think about the XMC, I gave up on it to be honest. If it ever shows up I'll decide if I want to purchase it or not. I'm leaning towards possibly buying a HK 3700 or something if I decide to upgrade. One thing is for sure, the XMC will be out and sold a lot with tons of feedback on the forums before I take the plunge. I didn't buy the UMC until it was on it's 2nd to the last firmware because of all the issues I kept reading about.

Have software updates fixed the UMC-1's bugs? I've been thinking of buying one used to get started in separates.

I bought a umc1 a year ago and really like it! the one I bought hadn't been updated. Luckily my neighbor is a programmer and has a pc laptop as Im a mac user. He came over and help with the update. It took him over an hour maybe two. Since then I've had zero problems with it. Interestingly enough a couple of weeks later my neighbor joined me for the emotiva road show in the chicago area. He left with a new umc 200, a upa 7 and 2 outdoor speakers.