Belle Klipsch

Zargathos

Hi! Not a newbie here, so just ignore my post count...I've been an chronic lurker for about a year now. Smile.gif Lots of great info, good laughs, great conversation on what is probably the foundation of a great audio system....Klipsch Loudspeakers.

I've read many a thread in all the forums here, but I've got a burning question. I've noticed lots of owners of different models -- Reference (3's 5's and 7's) and Heritage (Klipschorns, Heresy, La Scala, Cornwalls, KLF-30's, etc.)

But there's one that I've noticed curiously absent.

Where are the Belle Klipsch owners?

About some 15+ years ago, I had the fortune to hear a pair of Belles...and I was hooked. I haven't given up the dream of someday owning a pair of these...and have been reading and searching for info on comparison of the Belle to other speakers in the rest of the Klipsch lineup.

Haven't found any. :\ Any ideas?

Thanks, from a fellow Klipsch fan and owner.

------------------

RF-3 Mains

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Surrounds

Sony SAWM40 Subwoofer

Technics SA-DX1050 receiver

Panasonic DVD-RV31K DVD player

Technics SL-MC4 CD player

JVC 32" TV

Not too bad, I must say...

The Belle is essentially a "dressed to kill" version of the LaScala, with performance almost identical to it. It uses a narrower hornlens mouth mid horn...that horn is also not as long...and its bass folded horn has less severe folding angles in it...but for all intents and purposes it must be considered a "Pretty LaScala".

------------------

I can now receive private messages

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Lindsey:

These are available in Houston...

Mike

if you want i can go look at those and make sure they are good and whatnot if he will allow me. i live in houston so not a problem.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Zargathos,

There are some Belle owners here...I am one!

Belles were my first fully horn loaded speakers and I fell in love with them. They started me on my search for proper tube amps to drive them.

As luck would have it, about 6 months after I got the Belles, I walked into a local audio store and lo and belold there sat a pair of Rosewood K-horns. After talking to the owner about the K-horns I said I would think about them and I left (boy was that hard to do). I went back a week later and talked the owner down about 60% of his asking price and I took the K-horns home. The Belles have not been hooked up since.

I am in the process of building a 2 channel room but it will have a TV also, I am going to use one of the Belles for a center speaker in a combo 3 channel HT/2 channel audio setup.

To me the Belles are only second to the K-horn, but I have not heard a LaScala.

------------------

2 Channel System:

'78 Khorns w/ALK networks

Welborne Labs Moondog 2A3 amps

AES AE-3 Superpreamp DJH mods

McIntosh MCD 7007 CD

McIntosh MR-78 Tuner

DIYCable Twisted Cross Connect Speaker Cable

DIYCable Superlatives (preamp/amp)

DH Labs Silver Pulse interconnects (sources/preamp)

f>

s>

Thanks for the quick responses, everyone!

justin_tx_16: If you wouldn't mind, give them a look for me, and let me know...I can't think of a better way to kill a couple of hours. Smile.gif Maybe I can scrounge up the money...the wife just left country on a month's vacation, so maybe I can be stealthy about it. <evil grin>

Cool, edster00 Belles and Klipschorns? I know the Klipschorns are the cream of the crop...I think I have speaker envy already.

Way back when, I was stationed over in Zweibruecken, Germany...they used 2 pair of La Scalas for the audio system in the hockey rink on the base. (was Canadian before the Americans took it over)

A friend of mine was the night manager there....we'd always grab some music just for fun. Nothing like jamming to Zeppelin while riding the Zamboni. Wink.gif

------------------

RF-3 Mains

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Surrounds

Sony SAWM40 Subwoofer

JVC 32" TV

I called every Seunsom in Houston and did not get him. Can you try to contact him so I can call and set up a time to look at them?

There were only 6 listings in Houston for that last name, and none were for Put. Frown.gif I did call them all though Smile.gif One guy is VERY confused haha.

Let me know when you get his phone number. email me if you need to, klipschter@yahoo.com

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

bump

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

It has always been a dream in an essence, to see and hear a pair of Belles. I have met one person in Edmonton(CDN)who actually has them. I first heard La Scala's in 76/77, not until 93 and Khorns, now the proud Father of 3 sets of twins, Khorns, La Scala's, Hersey II's, and the Belle has always side stepped me.

When is the matching Heritage centre channel and subwoofer coming out, would be quite nice actually.

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 07-01-2002 at 12:43 AM

Yeah, its like one of those guys a rich person sends to look at an item and decide whether or not to buy it!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

hope to get the phone number for this guy before he sells them to someone else...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Thanks for the assist!

Well, I haven't had any luck trying to contact the seller, either, but thanks for trying! I would hazard a guess that they might already be sold...

I guess that this is a sign that I should wait until I can really afford them, anyways.

------------------

RF-3 Mains

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Surrounds

Sony SAWM40 Subwoofer

JVC 32" TV

quote:

Originally posted by Zargathos:

Thanks for the assist!

Well, I haven't had any luck trying to contact the seller, either, but thanks for trying! I would hazard a guess that they might already be sold...

I guess that this is a sign that I should wait until I can
really
afford them, anyways.

well, any excuse to get a listen to some belles is fine by me! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support